A couple laps @ the Ridge

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by RVFR, Sep 9, 2017.

1. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
  2. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Nice bud, perfect way ta spend a BD
    That bike freekin growls-- your boy with the green vest?
    Thanks and that track we have to do when I come up fer sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    The bikes really smooth on the track, looks like the suspension is spot on ...nice video, what camera?

4. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Sweet! They don't make you tape up or take off the mirrors? What about lights, do you have to tape them up? It's a bummer that at Laguna Sena they have a sound ordinance that we had to deal with, both sfdownhill and I had put the stock exhaust cans back on. Sounds like you got to keep yours on though.

5. RobVG

RobVG Member

Canada
    Map
    My question exactly.

6. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Yep that was Justin on that wicked 954. ;) Ya know the suspension was pretty dialed in. I had reservations being that the only place i could get a feel was on the street, here, ;) made my day just how flawless it all worked together. what was it SF said? oh yea Harmonized. sure pulled well too. That tech inspection was funny, as when I showed up the gentleman that runs the show that I know saw me and said just a sec, disappeared for a couple minutes, then once back stuck a sticker on the headlight, then introduced me to a track dude, Justin wasn't around yet as I'd been there all of 5 minutes, I said don't you want to tech the bike? he smiled and said, really? get out of here. so off we went. wasn't until the second outing where we lined up at the gate that dude goes no way, shakes his head, flags another track Marshall over, he told him, Oh, that's Kincy he's good to go, Weird huh. later they told me since the headlight is plastic, no biggie, but the mirrors are glass, but they waved that off, go figure, made for an easy day of it. Yea, I've heard Laguna is strict on the noises there.

duccmann likes this.
  7. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Oh, only thing after the first round was Justin threw on some blue tape on the tail light and I unplug em. But yea, most of the time it's dealt with. I guess birthday outings have of some perks. On the camera, its a Go pro hero 4 suction cupped to the tank. not a bad place though I couldn't get a good tuck. I'm still figuring out the editing part, man they don't make it easy.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  8. OOTV

OOTV Insider

As far as Laguna's noise ordinance, that KTM was loud as F@ck! As was the R1 that the lead corner worker rode, BTW, he was FAST! Not sure if they didn't care as both riders were not on the track for every session or that they were OK with it due to needing corner workers. The rider with the KTM had three other bikes he could run and wasn't always on the KTM, so that probably played a small part in it. You could actually hear the KTM going all the way around the track when at turn 6!