All you need to know about ABS

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Molsan, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Molsan

Molsan New Member

Map
    People often ask about the ABS and linked break system and if it is worth it.

The answer to this is 100% yes. The only people who may complain are those taking the vfr to the track and racing...and even still i believe in the system.

Because if you do everything properly the abs system will never even turn on. you'll never even know it's there.
    But if you over break, or lose traction man will you be glad it's there.

Same goes for the linked breaks. the pressure aplied to the other break is so slight i doubt 99% of riders would even notice, those that do expect it and use it. In a panic situation where i want to stop fast i want all the breaking power i can get. Going hard into a corner some deceleration coming from the front is not bad when i trail break as the trail breaking is still far far stronger. It just lets me spill more speed faster.

So the ABS and Linked break system will save your hide, and until it does it does not negativly impact the bike.

I also found this to back up my point.
    Motorcycle Safety Statistics: Crash, Fatal Bike Accidents
    Motorcycle riders in these accidents showed significant collision avoidance problems. Most riders would over brake and skid the rear wheel, and under brake the front wheel greatly reducing collision avoidance deceleration. The ability to counter steer and swerve was essentially absent.

Face it, not even race riders perfectly break 100% of the time. When a derr jumps at you or that car turn left and you panic...what happens with abs, and what would have happened without it.

I honestly can't see an argument for not having it.
    I hope this helps.

2. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    I voted with my money and have ABS on my bike. It seems like a clear choice to me.