Alright guys! Lets do the NEW YEARS RIGHT! Ventura County/LA County/Orange County RIDE!!!

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by VFRMAN44, Dec 28, 2012.

1. VFRMAN44

VFRMAN44 New Member

Great ride today guys.... Thanks for the invite. It was soooooo worth the time and sleep to go.... I'm very happy i went. :cool:

2. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Glad you guys had a great day.......now bite me.....Im still workin thank you very much

3. VFRMAN44

VFRMAN44 New Member

Ouch... I'm sorry to hear that... Well next time you can come out... It was a all day ride. Left a 6am and got home at 5:30pm. Total miles about 375. It was a long hall. It was totally worth it though.

4. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Sorry you couldn't make it Duccmann. I was on the 900SS today too. There will be more rides, it's still early in the year!

5. OCLandspeeder

OCLandspeeder New Member

United States
    It was a great ride. 280 miles for me.

Sorry for the crappy pictures. I took them in haste and never got a good chance to compose it properly and get the lighting right.

VFRman44's 1995 VFR750. Perhaps the cleanest example of its kind that I've seen!
    [​IMG]

The sun was really bright and intense, especially at Borrego Springs. Below is my 1125R next to VFRman44's VFR750 and 00TVS' Ducati 900SS.
    [​IMG]

6. OCLandspeeder

OCLandspeeder New Member

United States
  7. OOTV

OOTV Insider

We were there so early, we were the second, third, fourth and fifth motorcycles to come through there!

Motozeke is actually a member on VFRWorld too...

Thanks for the link, definitely some good shots here.

8. VFRMAN44

VFRMAN44 New Member

Why thank you! I think your the only one who really appreciates it like i do. I'm currently working on the videos.... I got some great shots... Unfortunately the videos when it was on my windshield didn't come out... The video just sits there and bounces... That was only until palomar. After that i put it on the helmet and i got beautiful footage.

9. OCLandspeeder

OCLandspeeder New Member

United States
    I like all VFR's man. However, yours is like a trip back in time as it's so well preserved. Most of these bikes get pretty butchered and beat up by the time they reach 5+ years old and a few uncaring owners. Some mods are tasteful but other mods not so much. Yours is all stock, which is rare! It sounds good too. Next to 00TVS'900SS, your VFR with those gear driven DOHC sound so good. BTW, I can hear it next to me even with my hearing protection on so it's not as quiet as it seems. At full song that engine sounds beautiful. It's more of a howl than a shriek. It's kind of like a NASCAR engine. The 900SS has a much deeper tone and it too sounds lush. V4 engine are just beautiful to hear. The Duc Desmo valvetrain and firing order gives it that unique signature as well. Very nice to listen to.

10. VFRMAN44

VFRMAN44 New Member

11. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Cool! That OCLandspeeder was really living up to his name sake, he was making quite a gap between you two! I was waaay back there for a while, trying to see if the cagers would get the hint and pull over. It was fun catching up though!

Hopefully I can cut up some of my footage while I'm in the hotel this week. That is unless the Guinness doesn't get the better of me! (Hotel is right above the Elephant & Castle Pub in S.F.!)

12. OCLandspeeder

OCLandspeeder New Member

United States
    Hey now remember, this is my stomping grounds so I know these roads like the back of my hand. Plus, you guys were right there so kudos to both your riding skills! Heck! VFRMan44 was his first time on these roads! Now that's saying something. Then 00TVS was still coming to grips with his Duc's first outing there. So yeah, I think we did pretty good. Boy those roads were beautiful! That desert road coming out of Borrego Springs (S22 I think) was just awesome. It's a fast road for sure! Gosh I love riding that road. One of the few places you can open her up good without putting any one else in danger.

BTW nice editing to go with the song VFRman44.

If you like making these videos, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFlzjTe5gso&feature=player_detailpage

It was created by a dude in Europe by the name of Alpineguerilla. He lives by the Alps. Yup. What a terrible place to be marooned in! All his videos are pretty well edited with cool songs. Just like yours above. I can only dream of making videos like this and yours. I don't have the patience!

13. VFRMAN44

VFRMAN44 New Member

Well... Lets face it. I have A LOT to learn still. I'm just an average rider that needs to learn a lot. Thanks for the compliment though. You two are by far better riders. I just try to keep up. Hahah. I'm still a newbie though, so i have lots of time to learn. :cool:

My video doesn't even come close to that guys. He's very good. Mine, i just threw it together in like 1-2 hours. Thanks for the complement though. God wouldn't you love to just tear those rodes up? Holy molly man. That would be so much fun!

14. OCLandspeeder

OCLandspeeder New Member

United States
    Let me tell you something VFRman44, for someone who just got into riding you are doing good. Seriously, I don't know who taught you to ride or where but you ride way better than many that have been riding a long time. I think some people just have that talent hardwired into their brain so they take to it really well.

Now as far as tearing up those roads, yup. My goodness! I will be honest with you, each and every time I head out that way I hold back a lot! I so want to go WOT on every straightaway! Do you remember a couple of those long straights? Man! Back in my Hayabusa days......ahem....nevermind! :wink: But like I said, same roads but different time. The population and tourists have really made the area a bit too "crowded" on weekends. Having said that, there are plenty of other roads even out your way. I'll tell you about some of these roads one of these days. There are a few just north of Simi Valley that would make you take your VFR to its limits....not that I would recommend that! If you're up to it, when the weather warms up and the snow melts, we'll hit up Hwy 33, Cerro Norriestre, and later....Hwy 58 and Hwy 25. You my friend live right at the doorstep of one of the best areas to ride a motorcycle in CA.

15. VFRMAN44

VFRMAN44 New Member

Well, Thank you! I honestly, before i had this bike, had never riden in my life. Not even dirt. Like you said i guess i was just one of those guys that had it hardwired. Hahah.

About those routes... Hmmm... None of those even sound familiar. Why on earth haven't i heard of these!?!? Lol. Sounds like we are going to be riding together a lot in the future! Lol :tongue:

16. OCLandspeeder

OCLandspeeder New Member

United States
    Those roads out in the Central Coast of Cali are what I like to call “in the fringes”. I think you’ve ridden many of the “local” SoCal roads. The Central Coast is a goldmine! You’ve never heard it mentioned much by local sportbikers because many of them really don’t venture out beyond the local area. Us VFR riders are different. I only learned about those roads through word of mouth by fellow bikers of similar interests. Also, I learned about them because I just have wanderlust…I like to roam AND go fast in places that are less travelled. I don’t like crowded roads! Anyway, all cool riders know all about the Central Coast of Cali. Uncool riders they just go to bars or hit up ACH every weekend, year after year….. LOL! One of these days in Spring, all of us cool guys should head out on a 3-day tour of the Central Coast of CA. You need a few days just to get a taste of the scenery, the fast roads, slow roads, and everything else in between.

17. VFRMAN44

VFRMAN44 New Member

I am soooo down for that!!

18. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    If you like central coast
    I am strongly recommend check out R3 threads

19. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Speaking of R3...Has a date been set?

20. Scubalong