AM in California

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by A.M, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    I just switched to the black background and some of my posts were black on black. Apparently the font color got switch to Black instead of Automatic, don't remember doing that, but should be OK now. I normally use a white background, but when I log out, it changes to black, then I could see what you were talking about. If any anybody else's posts are the same, send them a PM and tell them to click on "Automatic" on the font color. You get to it by clicking on the 'A' to the right of 'Size'

2. zombie

zombie New Member

Canada
    Awesome Soundtrack! still my favorite band.
    Great writeup AM, love the pics and details. Have a safe ride home.

3. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

Soooo much better.... <3

4. A.M

Super easy and surprisingly fun!!
    I really need to get Kansas on board with this!!

5. A.M

Day 6: Last Day of 2016

Woke up early early today! Even went back to sleep until around 6 am. Very relaxing morning, did laundry, had breakfast, and piddled around.

Yesterday Lints cleaned and lubed chain for me. Today he hooked up wiring to run the heated gloves and jacket Long sent.

Then we were ready to take off for the day. Our first stop was to get gas at Costco. Boy oh boys was that place packed!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After gassing up, we pulled over to get on rain gear. As we were gearing up, a man and woman walked by and the man said, "Bummer!"...in reference to us riding in rain. We laughed it off and thought he is the one missing out.

[​IMG]

If that man realized what we were about to experience, which was surprise to us too, he would feel foolish.

Just get out and ride...you never know what will happen. Like life, weather will never be perfect, but you have to ride it anyway...may as well do it with a smile and grateful heart!

After we were ready for rain riding we went to Cycle Gear to pick up some rain boot covers. They seem to be made out of quality material, but because I can't touch flat foot they seem really slick on tippies. In the morning I thought about sending them down to make then a bit worn...maybe help with grip? If anyone has ideas, that would be great!

After the store, we made a stop at a CA must... In-N-Out Burgers. I rarely eat fast food, but I had to try. #1 protein style, no cheese. Mmmmm...I did taste the quality!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lints has been an awesome sport with pulling my moto out of sticky parking situations like above. ;)

He also got me splitting some lanes which I really love. It's fun getting close between cars. A little boy in a booster seat, Kindergarten age, gave me the biggest smile and starry eyes when pulling up beside his window. I smiled and winked at him. His mouth gasped open. I hope I planted a moto seed...

After foods we headed for Mulholland and The Rock Store. The roads here are immaculate, even in the rain. Twists and turns through amazing landscapes! <3 <3 The store and it's history was awesome! Patrons were not there, bur employees were so we got to go inside to have a looksee.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Afterwards we took moto photos.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Then just up the road we stopped at the lookout. WOW!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pretty awesome to the curve that shows up in YouTube motos on Mulholland videos!!
    [​IMG]

The spot was being patrolled. Lints found out that cages like to go up there to drift in wet conditions, so that's why they were up there.
    [​IMG]

We sat for a while pondering what it would be like to live up there and have this view all the time. <3 <3
    Found a hooligan up there too...
    [​IMG]

Even found more flowers in December!![​IMG]

We figured it was time to move on to the...BEACH!!!!

And oh my goodness...I cannot believe it was right around the corner!! For a while it seemed the ocean's horizon was higher in the sky than me. Such a magnificent sight to behold!!

As we came up on the Pacific Coast, the song, Elan, by Nightwish sounded on my comm with the verse:

Meet me where the cliff meets the sea, come!

...Added to the feels of the spectacular moment.

[​IMG]

Then all of a sudden, it couldn't get any more perfect...

We noticed sun and blue sky appearing through the broken clouds and Lints spotted a huge full double rainbow in the sky!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We pulled over and took the moment in. <3 <3

[​IMG]

We continued just up the road to park at Neptune's Net so we could get to the ocean shore.

[​IMG]

We explore tide pools, Lints got jizzled on, I got my feet wet, and we enjoyed photography and the beautiful sunrise.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

That man at Costco needs to get out and ride in the rain...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once it was dark, we headed up the PCH just a tad to head back to his place. Goodbye Pacific :(

[​IMG]

Dinner, drinks, and movies to ring in the new year. We were badasses with our drinking...[​IMG]

I am so fortunate to have spent my last days of 2016 here in this new place I love with the best of friends. <3 <3

And this sums up my feelings for CA Pacific Coast:

[​IMG]

I'll return soon...

Until then, I cannot wait to see what life brings to 2017.

I cannot wait to meet more VFRW friends!! <3 <3

[​IMG]

6. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    Great photos and many memories of the Rock Store, Malibu and Zuma Beach. I lived in Glendale for 8 1/2 years.

7. A.M

Such amazing places!
    Opportunities for endless activities seem everywhere.

8. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Living the dream girl that most people just talk about--- but YOU walk the walk--- your a doer and look at all the awesome people and places you've met and seen. You definitely have some brass ones and fearless--- kudos to you you're awesome.
    The cager at Costco, he just doesn't know what he doesn't know, his loss.
    Have a great ride home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. OOTV

OOTV Insider

And to think, you haven't been shown ACH, AFH, GMR, GRR, Palomar, Ortega Highway or any of the other local haunts we ride! So bummed I missed your visit. :sad:

Have safe ride home and be sure to let us know once you're there.

10. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    Yeah, so many places left for her to ride!

11. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    That is the first time I have seen the Rock Store without 100's of bikes there! I remember the Harley's would park on the right side and the rest of us on the left! I was 40 then (84) and really looked 30, one day as I took off my helmet, some young squid said "What's an old guy like you doing riding a bike like that?!" If he could only see me now!

12. OOTV

OOTV Insider

During the week it's normally empty like this but for a Saturday this is indeed a very rare scene! Sunday it's usually unheard of! Too many fair weathered riders hang out there I guess. The "real dudes" show up at Newcombs during the winter as the mountains are usually full of snow! We rode up there last winter and there maybe a dozen or so riders hanging out inside trying to re-warm themselves. Definitely need more than a t-shirt and leather vest to head up there when it's cold!

Had a similar conversation with a CHP officer who was taking my info as being a witness to a crash, he saw my age (50) and said, "Aren't you a little old to be riding a sport bike?" I answered back with, "I don't think so!"

13. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    What Rboy said. But I'm a bit concerned for you on the way back. Snow in the forecast there coming out NM into Ks. Best of.

14. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Obnoxious fugger. He would probably assume I need the paramedics then. (62)

15. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Think she may have to get a room and call in sick
    AM please let us know how your travels go today

16. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Awe... you're offering huh? ;)

17. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    You bet cha bro---

18. A.M

Thanks for some help today friends!!
    [​IMG]
    Had a local guardian angel help me here in Redlands, CA as well as one on standby. Not sure why my chain is rubbing centerstand ever feel hundred miles...
    [​IMG]
    But fixed up for now and the guy gave me a pipe for more leverage since me and 3 other men could not loosen the pinch bolt with just our tools.

The other one on standby has a shop in the area and is a rider too. Gotta love the people you meet on trips!! How could you not smile?
    [​IMG]

Okay, back at it!!

19. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Damn...I should have go over the bike for you. Hope all going well for you AM

20. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Whoa what a save. Curious, when was the chain last looked at? if not that long ago, say when the tires where swapped out? Mmm you may be in what they call when the chain starts going they usually go pretty fast. Here's a prayer that's not the case. and I have to ask myself why was the pinch bolt so damn tight in the first place. For me FWIW I use a 8" 3/8 drive ratchet, once it's tight for what I can do I call it good, knowing if I need to do t again i know I can get get it undone, this wow! Good thing your in an area where help was just around the corner,, Nice ;) This adventure, like the energy bunny just keeps going and going...