AM in R3 & AK

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by A.M, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Global warming will take care of that snowpack or residual heat from when we get nuked some country that great leader pisses off. The thing to be concerned over if AM's collection of ride-alongs, is a bunch of harleydoods show up needing a place to shit, shave and shower and all ya got is a one BR apartment, there could be a few logistics problems.

I'll check to see if its OK to pitch tents in Wal*Mart parking lots.

2. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

I do have a huge following of Kansas Harleydoods that beg to ride with me...but their limit is about a 100 mile radius from city center. And that just won't do for me. Your bathrooms will be safe.

Thank you for checking. If it's not okay, I'll just sleep on the shelving behind the TP.

3. zombie

zombie New Member

Canada
    I may have already done that..... :distress:

4. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    Not only snow, but many roads severly damaged by mud slides, flooding and erosion. Need to verify your route if your thinking of taking back roads and access roads in and out of Yosemite. Hopefully they would be fixed and cleaned up by the end of May.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  5. Badbilly

United States
    Sounds like the HD shop near you is more competent than most. They should contact the Guinness people ASAP.

6. Badbilly

United States
    Checking conditions in parks at any time of year should be split between local, state and especially federal parks. There is shit going on in DC that is being overshadowed by the "big show" stuff. Down the road, the funding for our National Park System may be diverted to turning them into golf courses.

7. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    I wanna go...

You gotta check out some of the route I took to go from Glacier Nat. Park to CA. Was spectacular riding. There is a good Google Maps link on the thread I started last year. That was one of the most deserted areas I've been through, except for the "North" of USA/Canada. By the Hell's Canyon outlook. Wonderful fresh water streams, plenty of wildlife, mega twisty roads, no traffic, etc. etc.! I even missed a few tasty roads, I see. If Glacier's "Road to the Sun" is open, there'll be lots of snow up there for yer enjoyment. Please let me know when you are going to be around. I'm not working still, would love to travel with you for a few days. Of course you and possible riding partners are more than welcome here. Even hit 27 Celsius the other day. Her's the link from "V4toTour" https://www.google.com/maps/dir/46.4...42.3265152!3e0

8. riprocop

riprocop New Member

United States
    Map
    I live off the 10 fwy 92545 zip. You can crash on the couch, floor, garage, air mattress and/or pitch a tent in my back yard.

9. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Sure do wished that I was to join you but that is not likely. Today I am working at the new store. Starting off with a meeting there (pep rally I suppose....or warning to shit or get off the pot) then stock set up. Less that three weeks to opening.

Regardless, the invite to stay here stands. I work a 5 minute ride from home. The only day we cannot host you is June 6. That's my daughter's graduation from her Law College stuff so I should be there for that.

10. A.M

Hope things at the new store are doing well today!! Congrats on your daughter's Law College stuffs!!!! :) That's awesome!

Thank you for the offer to stay, but I'll be in WA then Kelowna. I'll be overnighting with zoom-zoom and his family on the 5th so that leaves me to staying somewhere in Washington on the 4th. Maybe Badbilly can get me set up on aisle 4 with all the Wal-Mart amenities. :)

11. A.M

Thank you for the offer! I"ll let you know if my route brings me your way. It would be great to meet you in person!! I'll be finishing up my U.S. routes this weekend. :)

12. A.M

GLENN!! I'll have to check this out, thank you!
    My ride after Alaska back into the states is not planned yet...would you be interested in going into the states some?
    Would be the last week in June or thereabouts.

13. riprocop

riprocop New Member

United States
    Map
    Ok let me know. First week in June I too will be going on a long vacation, around a month. I am driving the Cager to Eglin AFB in Florida. Taking my youngest daughter to see her sister, an Airman, in the USAF.

14. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    Dawson, anyone?

I hope to be able to. Depends on the work situation. I will keep an eye out. Would be nice.
    I might even see you up North, as I wouldn't mind going to a "It's Not A Rally" "Dust to Dawson Motorcycle Ride". On June 15 & 16, 2017. 25th year this year. In Dawson, Yukon. Where the three highways meet. Check it out on the Interwebs. It's about 2700 k.m.'s one way, from Edmonton to Dawson! I don't have a "Good enough" bike for the "Dempster" highway yet, but soon! I do have a bike that'll make it to Dawson though! I think it'd be a four day ride back to Edmonton from Dawson. Roads are not as good up there.

15. zombie

zombie New Member

Canada
    You're going to have a great trip AM.

16. A.M

Thank you, Zombie...this has been long awaited and I'm so fortunate to have many people from here to meet up with along the way!

Bubba, PM me...gonna have time to meet up this Sunday - Tuesday in UT. I'll only be a few hours away if you wanna come ride!

Glenn...!!!! Thinking about doing D2D!! Have a map for it and if time allows, it may be hit when coming back from Anchorage! If anything, when I get back to Calgary it would be amazing to ride with you. I'd love to hit Jasper one last time before I go back into states! I plan on fitting in Crow's Nest on the way back to states and Going to the Sun Road and Beartooth Pass and will head into Yellowstone then CO Pike's Peak since I'm hitting it on way back instead of this weekend since snow and rain is called for that area soon. So you are welcome to join in any of that...last week of June abouts. PM me and let me know.

Peeps, I'm headi g out into the night in two days.
    Will activate SPOT and let certain peeps know how to access that. Will post on the Facebook and Twitter and here when I can. Hope you all get out and ride!!

17. A.M

Pricing out National Parks.
    Most of them are $25.00 moto entry fee.
    Park pass is only $80 for a year.

Thought I'd pass this along and I think I remember someone suggesting it to me before:

Buy the $80 park pass!!

Thank you Canada for free entry fees this year!
    Happy 150th!! :love:

18. A.M

This be why I'm not hitting CO first when I roll out in the night tomorrow. I'll be cold but heading southwest. Snow and ice is a no go for me (unless caught in an unfortunate predicament like Payson and Tonto National Forest over Christmas break). Always a no go choice when I know in advance. Unless studded tires. Now that would be hecka fun.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/17/more-snow-coming-for-denver-metro-foothills/

19. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    [​IMG]
    Bye Jen
    See ya later
    Have a safe trip
    Watch your 6
    Have a good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. A.M

Ahhh, Duckie, thank you!

I cannot sleep. I'm going to try and force myself. Too excited. Too much to do!!

Muh 6 will be watched and by many of you as well soon!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk