AM in R3 & AK

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by A.M, Mar 1, 2017.

1. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

R3 has come and gone. It was an amazing time and met many riders for the first time.

20170527_095506.jpg

TC raided his moto to donate parts to mine so I could continue the journey. TC, BW, Stuka, and their ladies helped all night. I couldn't be more thankful. No words for it.

20170528_160406.jpg

My stator:

20170528_182950.jpg

Then it was on to San Francisco for a bit and Sacramento. San Francisco was freaking amazing! Helps when you have a fun and knowledgeable tour guide! Thank you Stuka!!

IMG_3771.jpg

IMG_3838.jpg

20170529_111340.jpg

IMG_3841.jpg

We also found Waldo and Stuka found home.

IMG_3804.jpg

20170529_165210.jpg

20170529_173358.jpg

The city at night is just spectacular!

20170529_213517.jpg

20170529_223256.jpg

20170529_230918.jpg

The morning I was to leave for Sacramento I realized I lost important items. I called off riding to Sacramento so I could take care of business. I was to meet with BW to see Yosemite, but what else can I do when dealing with lost things? Look around San Francisco more! Sunny day was amazing! Everything I saw there amazed me. The city is the most beautiful city I've ever seen!

I have way so many gorgeous and fun photos...just can't post them all. Here's a few:

20170531_122952.jpg

Terrorizing the city and grabbing the space claw.

20170531_114742.jpg

IMG_3852.jpg

More of the sights:

20170531_130301.jpg

20170531_141400.jpg

IMG_3863.jpg

20170531_143546.jpg

IMG_3858.jpg

IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

Well, enough of that...

Here is where reality is setting in and it's hitting me hard. Soon I ride away from friends, for a few days alone. I will be making my way north away from friends, thanks to friends.

Each time I look at the expanse of land I am about to ride to Anchorage, my mind feels overwhelmed.

But I'm going anyway.

My curious heart has to see all the special tree...

20170529_095447.jpg

Attached Files:

Riding a 2000 likes this.
  2. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    GREAT pics AM!

3. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Nice photos AM. Glad you had fun. No Haight and Ashbury photo? lol
    Just my opinion but a Yosemite trip is worth more than seeing every beautiful city in the world!

4. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Yosemite is such a wonderful place to visit and even ride through but staying a few days and nights will give you a much greater appreciation for it. Bummer about your Stator but with just a few of the folks you've met from the forum, you can see why some of the best people you'll meet ride motorcycles! Take care and ride safe!

5. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    Reminds me of my trip to San Francisco! Couldn't of had a better host, in derstuka. Still very grateful. I was overwhelmed when I made it to the Golden Gate Bridge. Pretty awesome. Not to mention the other tunnels and bridges. Wanna go back one day. I remember being overwhelmed by the amount of people after coming back from Alaska. I hope you like it. Special place. Don't look back!

6. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    AM in R3 & AK

AM and I went for an adventure up into the big trees (Redwoods) to look for the big fuzzy.

The ride up was amazing and very little traffic )once we left the (thick as pea soup) fog and mist of San Francisco). We soon hit the bluest of blue skies, and clarity of the sky, that I have rarely seen. We saw and rode thru such amazing sights and the day could not have been better.

Stopped for a quick break off the road near a cherry orchard.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I learned that the nuggets are a tad snug in the cockpit of AM's fighter jet
    [​IMG]

We found a big fuzzy and he took a liking to AM immediately! ❤️ Can you blame him?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting lunch at a supermarket just south of the avenue of the giants.
    [​IMG]

Then we dodged about two dozen hitchhikers (not kidding) and hoards of duh hippies until we found a sweet and quiet place in a redwood grove to have a lunch we picked up.

I am always amazed riding thru the redwoods. They are just so gigantic and majestic....it really feels like you are in another world.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She even found a tree that she could live in....not to mention affordable to live in in CA. Woo hoo!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Samuel and Riding a 2000 like this.
  7. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    AM in R3 & AK

Well, it was very sad to part ways with AM a little south of Eureka CA. The GS was very happy today, as was I, and I was honored to show her the way most of the way to OR. We had a real sweet pace banking the sweepers and curves on the way up. I sure did want to keep heading north with her, but I had to head home. she'd prolly leave me in the dust with her 1000 mile days anyway! . I'd need a chiropractor, and massage parlor (happy ending preferred ) at the end of each day!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  8. A.M

Awesome write up from an amazing host!! Thank you, Stuka! Perfect gentleman and host, right Glenn? I agree...everything in SF was just overwhelming. I can't wait to be back in California again.

I wanted to get back to BW to see Yosemite, but felt it best to call that off to sort out finding/replacing lost things before moving up the coast. Everything works for a reason, and though I was really upset about losing important things and how it would affect those waiting for my arrival up north, the day turned completely around on Wednesday thanks to Stuka. Making it up the coast yesterday was just overwhelmingly amazing and the perfect ending to my time on California.

So sucked leaving Stuka after the beautiful riding we had, the weather and beauty was just unbelievably perfect. I cannot believe the size of the Redwoods and the grandeur of the forests. I felt I was in a fairy tale land. The log we sat on for lunch was straight out of a Disney forest scene. Unforgettable experiences... my heart was at home the entire time in Cali.

To help move forward my quest to live affordably in a tree with my big fuzzy, as well continue R3 for all of us in central California if Reg moves, I propose:

Fund Me page to help cover the cost for my tree and fuzzy to be moved to Atascadero. I help keep up yard and house work at Reg' s place throughout the year, hoard replacement VFR parts (especially to save TC's moto from constant raping), host R3 (but I get to Saturday ride), and fuzzy will hold down the fort. Sounds good? Stuka can live in the coffin and help man the pimping to be had to make money extra $ for R3 and VFR parts. I can also hold down the administrative side to all of that. Maybe we open a year round Fuzzy's Happy Endings Parlor for extra R3 dough? ...

Because now after seeing all of California coast over the years, I know where my belongs. There's a million schools I could teach at too. Paired with tree living, I'll be set to even afford beef jerky and propel!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

9. A.M

I have more photos of my thoughts and time in Cali, but my internet connection is way to slow to upload photos right now. I will when I can.

For example, Trader Joe's?!! Or is it Trade Ur Hoes? All I know is that I LOVED that place...Stuka helped me find awesome things I could eat there including bread!! I hadn't had bread in around 6 full months!!

And Cali is the best place to find things I can eat like: chocolate and pizza?!!

Not to worry...all those carbs and sugar wouldn't do me in. I'm still nursing my chocolate I got anyway.

But even if I ate one chocolate a day, the opportunities abound on California coast for riding, beauty, and excercise type activities...outdoors!!!!

There would be something to do each time I had free time! I'd be WOWed the rest of my life exploring beaches, hidden trails, ruins, the beautiful foliage, city museums, and amazing riding.

From walking 20 miles a day (so doable after 18!!!) to laying in the yellow/white/pink flowers on a grassy cliff near the sea to read my latest book with the sun on my skin, wind in my hair, and ocean in my ears to having amazing food to eat...There's just no place I'd rather be...

Cali has it and I'd be sooo close to many friends!!
    Can't wait to post a thread someday:

AM Moves to CA

10. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I have to agree, California has a lot to offer and it can be a little costly but it is a very fun place to live if you like outdoor activities! You can visit the beach, the mountains and the desert all in the same day. I've had a few friends hit the waves in the morning and hit the ski slopes in the afternoon!

I'd say that I'm sure most of us Cali folks would say welcome to you! Sounds like you're having a good time so far so lets make it so, all the way home!

Cheers,
    D

11. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Not as beautiful as a real redwood forest obviously but the latest Disney creation is pretty cool - as it should be for $500,000,000 LOL

12. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    If AM does not respond to minigators latest attempt at whatever he is attempting,not to worry. We all know what she is thinking.

13. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    She's in great spirits considering. I'll let her explain. that said , she is off and running. [​IMG]

14. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    Have fun in your Canada section of the trip.

15. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    If a palm tree falls in the woods maybe it'll land on minigator.

16. A.M

Yous guys are funny!!

Cali was amazing...here are some more things:

First Trader Joe's!

AM Safe Chocolate!

And Pizza!

Nails to match moto, but also to serve a purpose...keep them from tearing and becoming painful on Alaska run...

Now...

After leaving Stuka, I rode up the Oregon coast which is amazing and I stopped for camping in Coos Bay. The ride was smooth and beautiful! Me jumping off ledges after photos...not so much.

Woke up Friday morning to head to Olympia. More breathtaking Oregon coast and city of Astoria! Had a yummy slurge lunch (this was a kid's meal, it was huge!), saw some sights and climbed the tower first before going to immediate care...that way doc couldn't tell me not to climb it teeheehee

I think all that ledge jumping gave myself too much stress in my right leg...as in stress fracture. I had been in so much pain all day Friday that I knew something wasn't right. I hate going to docs and I am pretty stubborn, but in I went to learn how to deal with it so I can continue the trip.

While I was sitting in the medical office, I felt something on the nape of my neck. First thought was tick, but thought naaaaah...prolly a tree seed. When I left, I put on gloves to pull the thing out. It was a friggin' tick! The bastage tried to bury into my glove. Good thing I anticipated a possible tick...i make sure to use my nails to pinch my skin hard to get the head out if it was a tick.

Then I was off. No pics of immediate care...I elected to take pics of the beautiful flowering plants that were everywhere there.

So...my leg...

Rest, ice, meds, medical device. NOPE! How am I to ride? Got travel ice holder, wraps, my riding boot is stiff enough, Yes? Ibuprofen doc settled on...that I can do.

Sooo...after a few hours in Astoria, I left for Olympia. Amazing ride into Washington, spectacular view of Mt. St. Helen with sunset lighting up her peak.
    When I got off the bridge, I went down to the port for sunset photos. Now I was on the way to Olympia and RVFR.

Made it there late and he and his wife iced me, we had tea, and I passed out quick with their awesome kitty, Spencer.

The next morning, we rested and more ice. See? I can follow some doctor orders...teeheehee

Laundry, moto tinkering, and seeing the sights made for an amazing Day!

I left Olympia in the afternoon, happy to continue the move north but really hurting. I was thankful to not have to set up camp with my leg all gimped up. This Saturday night I had a short ride to near Everett, Washington to stay with another friend. The ride was very painful, but made it to ice and rest. Beautiful on the lake!

Sunday morning: my Canada Day!!!!

Rode the Cascade Highway 20 East which was AMAZING, had an interesting detour, and made it to the border around 3:30pm with friends waiting for me on the other side...Viffers!!!! Hello zoom-zoom and Phil!!

We had a beautiful and spirited ride into Kelowna. Sushi, ice wine, visiting, and laffs was the evening. Love this family and I can't believe it was just a year ago o was there. As fast as it came, it was gone...

Monday morning brought more travel. Sad to leave, but excited for one of my most favorite rides: into the Canadian Rockies!!

The weather was perfect and I made it to my favorite lake in the world that brings me to tears: Moraine

After having my fill at Moraine Lake, I rode into Calgary to meet my Alaskan riding partner: VF1000fe

Got settled for the night and woke yesterday morning to a day full of moto maintenance from an amazing team of computer...now moto...engineers. heates grips finally too!!

My leg was in severe pain after climbing the Moraine rock piles that I o could barely walk. He had crutches here his wife had bought before so I uses those. A friend have me an air cast which relieved my pain tremendously.

Now I don't have time to post pics, but there was an update. I have to go prep and leave for Chapter 2: Alaska

I will be at a place with WiFi in a couple days so I hope I can add in photos and post some more. Sorry for the quick run down...heres one photo I absolutely believe was worth it to climb the rock pile...

Hope you are all well and I promise to add more visuals soon!!

Dang, file too big. Well, if you are on my FB, you've seen it...me on the ledge of Moraine Lake <3 <3

Okeee, I have to go to Alaska now...

17. A.M

Tapatalk photos work...here's my favorite place!!

Now gotta go...[​IMG]

18. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Moraine lake is one of my favorite places too! Nice!

19. A.M

Testing with text, inserting images, then more text:

Rainstorm yesterday
    [​IMG]

Feezing cold last night but happy and warming buns on dryer. [​IMG]

20. A.M

Previous post with some additions and photos:

I have more photos of my thoughts and time in Cali, but my internet connection is way to slow to upload photos right now. I will when I can.

For example, Trader Joe's?!! Or is it Trade Ur Hoes? All I know is that I LOVED that place...Stuka helped me find awesome things I could eat there including bread!! I hadn't had bread in around 6 full months!!

And Cali is the best place to find things I can eat like: chocolate and pizza?!!

Not to worry...all those carbs and sugar wouldn't do me in. I'm still nursing my chocolate I got anyway.

But even if I ate one chocolate a day, the opportunities abound on California coast for riding, beauty, and excercise type activities...outdoors!!!!

There would be something to do each time I had free time! I'd be WOWed the rest of my life exploring beaches, hidden trails, ruins, the beautiful foliage, city museums, and amazing riding.

Beaches
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rocky cliffs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Trails
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]