An Epic Ride Begins

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by wrestler, Jul 19, 2010.

1. wrestler

wrestler New Member

United States
    Map
    Reg, you've got pink on your mind. Does your wife know about this???!!!! ROTFL

2. wrestler

wrestler New Member

United States
    Map
    Good ideas, Jason, Like you say, I don't have but so much time. I'll see what I can fit in. Thanks

3. Meatloaf

Meatloaf New Member

United States
    Map
    Just got a call from my local Honda shop. Ed's part is in and I will be snagging it for him tonight. I'll see ya tomorrow morning Ed. :)

4. wrestler

wrestler New Member

United States
    Map
    You da man, Zac. I'm leaving Louisivlle at 7:30 am. I'll call you then

5. Meatloaf

Meatloaf New Member

United States
    Map
    I'll be up and waiting for the call. Got busy working on dad's bike tonight. We both got our HID's in today and spent the evening doing that and various other things to his bike. I lost track of time so instead of staying at Chris's tonight and just making the 10 mile jaunt from there I will be leaving my place in the morning at 8:30 and making the 100 mile jaunt instead. See ya then. :)

6. Meatloaf

Meatloaf New Member

United States
    Map
    Ed is now out of my hands. I had a great day riding around with him and working on his bike. Somehow it managed to rain three times yet never while we were on the bike. Ride on safe and enjoy Ed.

7. wrestler

wrestler New Member

United States
    Map
    Jason,

It hurt me to my heart that I couldn't stop at the Island. I haven't been keeping your guys in the loop very well concerning my challenges. It was storming up a blue streak on Saturday when I had planned to leave Notre Dame for Sault Ste Marie.

[​IMG]

I left on Sunday morning and headed for my buddy's house in Nowago, Mi near Grand Rapides. My plan was to leave there and head for Soo in Canada by Sunday night. That all changed when the battery went dead 20 miles past Nowago. It seemed odd that that should happen since I had just had it checked before I left. So I had it towed to the "stealership" in a town called Fremont, Mi. It was Sunday evening at 7:30 when the AAA guy put it on his flat bed and took it to the shop. I got a hotel that two young folks who had stopped to help me suggested. It was a great place. Not too expensive for all that was there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the morning I called the service department and Earl, the service manager, claimed the bike wasn't there. After calling the tow guys to confirm I called back. Earl said he didn't see it because it as at the front door and that is not where people usually leave bikes....Then he told me he would try to get to it... Well, he didn't "get to it" until this morning after I went over to his shop with all my bags stuff and parked in their showroom, right beside the spanking new VFR1200.

All this is to say, Jason, I lost my two days for touring and taking pics at the Island. This is the best I can do for now. You remember this spot I'm sure: the Mackinack Bridge

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  8. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I AM HURT! Coming to Canada and not even stopping off at my nest for a brew or beer. its not that far out of your way. Enjoy your ride. I will follow all the while drooling. Be safe.

9. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    Sorry to have missed you Ed, but you did decide to come to town during Laguna week heeheeee. Be careful out there brother.

10. wrestler

wrestler New Member

United States
    Map
    Dude,

I wish I could make that 3000 mile side trip. Thanks for the shout out.

11. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Hey Ed,

Glad you are still trudging along after your challenges. So did you stay around Mackinaw City, or St Ignace, or did you lumber on into Sault Ste Marie? Did you say that you actually made it over to the Island? What ferry service did you take (shelper's, arnold line, starline)? I will be right back in that neck of the woods (well Mackinac Bridge area, and the UP) in just over a week. If you rode on the grate part of the Mackinac Bridge I bet that woke you up. It tends to freak people out a little the first time they ride over the grates on the bridge (because it tracks you side to side a tad). Good on ya for making this journey.

Oh, and watch out for the coppers in Canuckistan.......remember, ticket points in some CA provinces transfer to your US driver's license. OUCH!

Later brotha,

12. wrestler

wrestler New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks, my man. I stayed in Soo, Michigan. Headed right now to Canada. Gonna make it Half way to Ottawa today unless I get pretty ambitious. Poncho from VFRD has my 60. You're right. Those grates woke me up for sure. Later

13. wrestler

wrestler New Member

United States
    Map
    OK guys. The last two days have been more than eventful. I can't take the time right now to detail it here but
    here is the VFRD link where Poncho gives the whole story. I arrived in Manchester last night. Strap and I are headed for Cairo, NY and Sebspeed's place
    Check you later