An introduction from an American in Portugal

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by Arclight, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Arclight

Arclight New Member

Portugal
    Greetings!

A little history: I sailed over from United States four years ago and and have been living primarily in Porto, Portugal for the last four years. I still maintain a home in the Hudson Valley, in New York. I have been riding for my entire life and motorcycling has always been an enduring love. I started riding with a home made mini-bike at the age 14. Most of my bikes have been either English or Italian. My first big bike was a 1958 Triumph Tiger T110 that I purchased while in high school. I still have the 1968 BSA Spitfire MK IV Special that I purchased new after getting out of the army. In the late 90's and early 2000's, I raced a 1995 Ducati 900SSSP with an engine built by Eraldo Ferracci, in the Championship Cup Series. In the fall of 2014, I left New York and spent five months touring Mexico, Baja and the West Coast of the USA, putting 15,000 miles in the process on my Triumph Tiger 800XC. I still have that great bike back in the States.

I have had my eye on VFR's for quite a long time and needed a bike that was both sporting and comfortable for blasting around the cities and countrysides of Europe. Happily, I've found a very clean and unmolested '98 with only 14,000 km on the clock, that I think will fill the bill perfectly.

I have just started going over her and I am sure that many questions will arise.

Thanks all!

Rob

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  2. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
    Welcome Rob! I think that you will like the '98 baised on the fact that I like mine. If you get a chance, post up a photo or two of your new purchase.

3. Arclight

Arclight New Member

Portugal
    C6A30FB7-0BAE-4BA3-838A-83127714BEBE.jpeg 1C7EA2AC-BBDB-475B-8D28-BDD4269FBA94.jpeg
    Thanks RllwJoe! Here are some pix:

Baker88, Samuel and RllwJoe like this.
  4. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Welcome to The World!

5. Arclight

Arclight New Member

Portugal
    Thank you OOTV!