Another new Guy!LOL

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by dasaint80, Aug 29, 2006.

1. dasaint80

dasaint80 New Member

Hey Guys,
    As it says in the title. I am a new guy. My Father just dropped off his 1985 VF700 Sabre for me. I wanted to know where is there a good place to get parts for this bike? or if there's another bike that parts would be interchangable with mine.

Ok now for the bike. the bike was sitting at a bike shop for about 15 months. The bike ran last tuesday, but yesterday(Monday) it didn't want to start. It sounds like it's a carburator issue. I bought the service manual.

Thanks

Steve

2. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    Hey Steve. It's great to have you hear and we are glad you chose to join us here.

As for your starting issue, a little more info would be helpful. Did the lights come on? Did the starter turn? and so on. You can look for parts on bikebandit.com, servicehonda.com, and ronayers.com. Bike bandit will say in ther schematic if the part is discontinued or not. member elizilla used to have a Sabre or two and she might know of soem places you might be able to score some parts at, so you might try pm'ing her.

3. dasaint80

dasaint80 New Member

Sorry I guess I should of elavorated alittle more.
    Lights do Light up, I hear the Starter turn, but it seems like the engine dosen't turn, I do hear exhaust coming out of the Pipes.

4. jchag1718

jchag1718 New Member

Welcome aboard Dasaint. Lets start with the easy stuff first.

Pull the plugs; check cond. and spark on each.

Check too see if they are getting fuel. Are they dry/wet; can you smell gas on them.

Check to see if carbs are getting fuel. Crack the bowl drain and see if gas comes out.

I had one carb w/ a stuck float on my 84 VF750F and it was sitting up for 6 mos.

If this doesn't turn up anything, then you'll have to dig deeper. Either into the body of the carbs or something electrical.

5. steve.ski

steve.ski New Member

Hello from another newbie...