Any gen VFRs in northern CT/Central Mass area

Discussion in 'USA - Northeast' started by butzip, Jun 24, 2008.

1. butzip

butzip New Member

Map
    OK, I was cruisin' throught the center on my home town (Suffield, CT pop. 8000) and saw a small group of VFRs. I would have turned around and caught up but I was pressed for time. I regret it now. I know there are pockets of VFR owners in the area, but I'm having a hard time to actually find them!! 2-3 times a week I see a guy on an 04' ride by my office He, inadvertantly, finalized my decision to purchase a VFR over a FZ1 / 916. Anyway, if you're out there ridin a VFR or anything interesting in the Suffield, CT area.. LET'S RIDE!!!!!

My buddy just picked up a nice Ducati 750SS, we did our first ride together over the weekend. Good fun!!

Brgds, Peter

2. DeannaLee

DeannaLee New Member

I live on the north shore of mass so if you find yourself heading this way let me know and we can link up.

3. PhatPat33

PhatPat33 New Member

I'm about 1.5 hours away from you near Worcester, MA. We should meet up for a ride sometime. I've never ridden with a RWB!

4. MrWilson

MrWilson New Member

I'm down here in Burlington, CT. Maybe I'll see ya around!

5. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    ...sorry...just passing through

6. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

I live in Chicopee MA and work in E.Hartford CT drop me a line

7. Somefun

Somefun New Member

Hey Orange CT here and proud new VFR owner....I've put 200 miles on it and I'm hooked.. I've already started moding the heck out of it....GREAT BIKE!!!

8. butzip

butzip New Member

Map
    Hey SF,

Congratulations!! and welcome to the 'club' :) Good on you for squeezing in a ride or 2 between all this !@#$ weather. I was out in LA last week, sunny 70 degrees and bikes/cars everywhere. I was JONZIN' hard to ride and then...... we got 10 inches of snow !@%#$$%^%^!!!!!! Well it should warm up a bit by this weekend which will at least allow me some quality garage time.

With any luck, we can get a solid group to meet somewhere central for a group ride. Take a rip out to the Vanilla Bean in Pomfret or the like. My neighbor usually goes west to a place called 'Toymaker cafe' another popular biker 'destination' I believe Groups meet at Gengras in E. Hartford early saturdays.

If everybody throws in some ideas and locations we'll get something together.

Another suggestion would be a ride out to LimeRock for ALMS or vintage festival.......

Brgds, Peter

9. Somefun

Somefun New Member

Thanks..Yeah it's looking like it may be high 40's this weekend and I have a set of Leo's coming in this Friday!!!! It's going to be a good weekend!!! LOL

The ride to Lime Rock sounds real good I'm in just let me know....

10. butzip

butzip New Member

Map
    How many miles on your new ride?

11. Somefun

Somefun New Member

3800 when I picked it up..I pushed it just up over 4K. I'm crazy about anything that burns gas that I can get crazy on so I am going thru it just checking everything. I've changed the oil over to Amsoil with a K&N oil and air filter. Just installed the PCIII with a custome map and my Leo's will be in this week just in time for the weekend grage thrash....Also had a new set of Corsa III's installed. How do you like your ride?

12. butzip

butzip New Member

Map
    Love it. I picked mine up in SLC Utah (ebay) April 08'. I have a buddy out there that picked it up and shipped it to me. The previous owner was the mgr of SLC Motorsports, just something he had to have in his collection. 855mi when I got it, came with blue hard bags, throttle meister, PCIII, Remus full exhaust, motad headers, Sargent seat. Basicallly everything I would have done but without the expense :) I'm running Amsoil too..... well it hasn't seized yet, so I guess it's good oil..... 3700+ miles on it now and ready to do more.

13. Somefun

Somefun New Member

Nice! I run Amsoil in everything I have (that I care about). I had a 900HP blower motor in a boat that the oli temps after a hard run were like 300! I put 20/50 Amsoil in it and the oil temps dropped by 40 degrees...So I know it works.

14. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

I'm ready to ride - dang snow

15. Kobe Diesel

Kobe Diesel New Member

Map
    Checking in. Tim from New Milford, just got my 02 VFR today. Glad to be a part of the pack. Since we have been having great weather, maybe we could gather for a ride.

16. Somefun

Somefun New Member

I'm all about it!!! I've had mine for a month and have already put over 600 miles on it...What a great ride!!!!

17. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

well lets all put our heads together and come up w/ a ride that we can all hook up and ride for the day

18. Somefun

Somefun New Member

I can meet almost anywhere. I'n from Orange CT so any where in CT is about an hour.....

19. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

I don't know much about good riding areas in CT so if you CT guys wabt to post some routes please do and we can pick route and date and hook up
    sound good?

20. Kobe Diesel

Kobe Diesel New Member

Map
    Start in Danbury, go into NY on 22 and then back thru CT, ride the NW all the way out near Bradly Airport (cross the damn), then south on RT8 to somewhere. Nice hilly and twisty (mild) roads.