Any one ridden a RC51?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by tbones86, Jun 10, 2006.

1. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    I found a good deal on a salvage RC51, has any one ridden one? if so what is your overall opinion of the bike, is it something that can be ridden any distance w/ some degree of comfort?

2. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

One of the guys in my squadron has one. The RC-51 is basically an AMA Superbike with license plates on it. Yes you can ride it for long distances but you won't want to. Couple that to the fact that he only gets about 125 miles before the low fuel warning starts flashing...

KC-10 FE out...

3. jev.

jev. over there

Sweden
    I rode a friends rc a while back and didn't get a mile before I was ready to get off of the torture rack. But to each his own, the owner didn't seemed to be bothered too much, but then again he didn't ride for long periods of time.

4. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    Hard core ergos but not as extreeme as the Ducatis' are! It is however a race replica class motorcycle with a narrow focus on performance. I want one!!!!

I would not expect it to replace my VFR though.:biggrin:

Lets face it, you need at least two bikes in the stable.

5. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I've decided not to pursue the purchase. I've had recent success getting the future Mrs. riding & have decide to wait until I find something more suited to two up riding. I will check tommorow & see if it has sold, if not I will pass along the info for anyone interested in a project.

6. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

Screw that noise... Get her her own bike. My wife used to complain up a storm every time I would disappear for hours on end with my bike. I solved that problem by delivering this to the driveway. Now she loves riding & thanks me often for getting her involved.

KC-10 FE out...

Attached Files:

7. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    that's a beauty of a hawk. was just browsing through ads for one for my fiance tonight. i found a decent deal on a bandit. i sent an email to hopefully go look at it in the next couple days...

8. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    Already had that discussion, same discussion I had with her about the snowmobile( This is why I own a two up, quite a departure from the Vmax4 I had). I received the same answer to, she's scared/afraid or both; she's one of those girls that is out of her comfort zone when outside of the mall. She is slowly coming around to my way of thinking but is not ready for that jump yet. I'm just glad I got rid of my atv before I met her because I really hate riding off road w/ a passenger. She's just plain scared of my dirt bikes so doesn't want anything to do w/ that @ all.:rolleyes:

9. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    my fiance is a little like that but she was more receptive to getting a streetbike than I originally would have thought. I was just kind of dropping the suggestion thinking she probably would say she was scared or something. I think I said something like 'maybe we should get you a VFR or something of your own to ride' and she said it would have to be smaller than mine. Well, naturally, that started me down the road of what would be a good starter for her. So I went down the list of standards and sport/standards that were decent bikes that might be found inexpensively. I used to have a Seca II which was okay, but I thought the Bandit was better and I saw a Bandit for sale. Anyway, I's just an idea I was tossing about, and a good way to expand the stable. ;)

10. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    rc51 project bike has been sold, sorry for delay. Emergency meetings for work in Iowa kept me occupied the last couple of days