Anybody got "uglyBROS"

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by RobVG, Jun 21, 2016.

1. tyarosevich

tyarosevich New Member

United States
    Map
    Yeah, more hipster motorcycle jeans. Even these, at 600 bucks, are nothing compared to the boutiquey gear catalogs I saw when I lived in NYC that were aimed at millionaire's kids pretending to be motorcycle nuts in Williamsburg (I met a 19 year old kid with a pristine, custom 60s bonnie that was cafe'd out and he swore he did it all himself). I swear, one I was looking at while waiting at a restaurant had dudes modeling 'cafe' style leathers that were over $5,000 for the suit. Keep in mind, this was shit with no armor, nothing - just snazzy looking leathers with a band collar on the jacket so we know it's 'motorcycle'.

2. RobVG

RobVG Member

Canada
    Map
    Got the camo pants today.

DSC03052.jpg DSC03063.jpg DSC03080.jpg DSC03083.jpg

Came with hip and knee pads. The are well positioned in the pockets.

Aramid covers your seat well- and over the knee area. About a 3" strip on the outside leg to the knee.

Aramid

3. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    I thought this botique nonsense was over with. lumberjack plaid, old timey garage tools hanging as backdrop, check. Caferacers with clubmans, 3/4 helmets. check. "vintage" T's, check,

I'm surprised BSHBV hasn't been all over this.

4. Big_Panda

Big_Panda New Member

United States
    Map
    I have a pair of Triumph motorcycle jeans. They are layered with Kevlar inside and armor in the knees. they look and fit like regular jeans. No stitching in weird places midway down the leg. and they are comfy! they also only cost a little over $140

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...k08GiOMCxpvhRSrmZgceNDgqEXxRpkAqdYaAqYq8P8HAQ

5. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    If you're dead set on the kevlar jeans look. .. you can head to any dirt gear section of say cycle gear and grab some kneedpad/shin guard combos and padded underoos that provide hip and coccyx protection, wear them underneath.

6. wickedstock

wickedstock New Member

Bangladesh
    Visit wickedstock to collect seasonal jacket.

7. RobVG

RobVG Member

Canada
    Map
    Those are some very inexpensive leathers.

Just an update, the camo pants fit nicely over levis 501s.
    It'll extend the season with them.

8. adk_finn

adk_finn New Member

United States
    Map
    I have been riding in a pair of bowtex leggings this season: http://www.bowtex.com/
    Drag vid here: http://www.bowtex.com/press

They fit well (order one size up), are very comfortable, have decent hip and knee armor (optional) that is well made and stays in place in all situations, and let you wear whatever style pants you want over them. They offer more kelvar coverage than almost all the pants I have seen (full leggings are single layer 55% kevlar, knees/hips/seat have a second 100% kevlar layer on top). I am sitting here at work with them on under slacks as we speak. They are holding up well and I think I'll likely order a second pair next year. Price isn't terrible based on the market and I won't have to be rocking any out of style motorcycle jeans (can you say JNCO) in a couple of years.

I haven't been down in them, but the drag test looks good, I hope it is a long time until I am unlucky enough to find out first hand. Like Lint, I think armor is just as important as abrasion resistance. These do both pretty well IMO.