Anyone else talking RACING?! <--- of the motorcycle type

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by drewl, Jan 13, 2011.

1. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Fox sports network .
    Sling you can load the MotoGP and MotoAmerica apps as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gator likes this.
  2. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Thanks Duc.

duccmann likes this.
  3. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
  4. Allyance

Allyance Insider

Germany
    Map
    I watch the season opener on TV, great race. Unfortunately Marc Marquez high sided in a spectacular crash with six laps to go after coming back to third place after a great save earlier.

From HRC:
    "A fall at Turn 3 while fighting for the podium has resulted in a broken right humerus for the reigning World Champion, who will travel to Barcelona for surgery.

After mounting an incredible comeback in the Spanish GP, Marc Marquez suffered a high side at Turn 3 and came down heavily on his right arm. As a result, the eight-time World Champion has suffered a transverse diaphyseal fracture to his right humerus. MotoGP medical staff have confirmed there is no other serious head or thoracic trauma but will remain under observation for 12 hours.

Marquez will travel to the Hospital Universitari Dexeus in Barcelona on Monday, July 20 and is aiming to be operated on by Dr Xavier Mir and his team on Tuesday, July 21st.

Recovery time is as yet unknown, the Repsol Honda Team will provide an update after the operation."

5. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Could be an interesting season with him out.

6. scottbott

scottbott Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    such a shame as he was going through riders like a knife through butter, he is his biggest opponent, hope he makes a full and rapid recovery

duccmann likes this.
  7. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Never want to see a rider get hurt. But I hope he is out for a bunch of races and there is a good competitive season. The MM show is boring and I'll never forgive him for the 2015 season either.

8. Allyance

Allyance Insider

Germany
    Map
    Don’t count him out yet!!
    “That good news is, in fact, that Marquez passed his examination and will be riding in the Andalusian Grand Prix as normal. This comes just four days after a crash broke his right arm, with subsequent plate-and-bolt surgery just TWO DAYS AGO!

duccmann likes this.
  9. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    Marc Marquez will attempt to compete in this weekend’s Andalucia MotoGP just days after undergoing surgery on his broken arm, it has been confirmed.

The Spaniard fractured his right humerus in an accident during Sunday’s Spanish MotoGP, the break occurring when he was glanced by his Repsol Honda as he was tumbling through the gravel, going under the knife in Barcelona on Tuesday.

However, having avoided the more serious complication of radial nerve damage, Marquez confirmed he would return to Jerez ahead of this weekend’s second round with a view to competing provided he passed his pre-event medical.

He has now received that green light despite doctors originally setting him the target of returning for round three in Brno.

“Nobody expected to see him here," Repsol Honda boss Alberto Puig said. "When the accident happened we were very worried and of course he had to go to Barcelona for surgery. But the surgery went, frankly speaking, spectacularly well. We know the doctor is good but it was a fantastic job.

"And after surgery, the rider started to feel very well. He started to contact us, saying 'I'm not so bad. I feel well. I'm not having so much pain. I can move the arm'. The possible nerve [damage] situation, as the doctor informed, was okay.

“Originally, clearly, the Honda position was to cancel this race and to try in Brno. But after what we saw of Marc's wish, after what the doctors said today, declaring him fit, we came to a let's say an 'understanding' position that he will try on Saturday and depending on how he's feeling then, he will try or not to race.

"But we asked him to check on Saturday first and really understand if he is really capable of doing the distance or not. In case it's too risky, Marc already understood that our idea will be to cancel the race.

"But from last Sunday to today, things have been going so fast and so quickly that frankly speaking we are very surprised."

With MotoGP competing once more in Jerez this weekend, the decision has been taken for him to skip Friday’s free practice sessions for an extra day of recuperation.

"If it was a new track it would be more difficult. But we have been here for five days so the setup of the bike we know, he knows exactly how to ride the bike on this track. So it's no meaning to try Friday and to give more stress to the injury," Puig added

"So he will try Saturday and after that we will see. But it was very important for Honda and for the Repsol Honda team to also respect the rider's wish. So we get this compromise [to wait until Saturday] and then we will see the result on Saturday."

As well as Marquez, Alex Rins and Cal Crutchlow have also been passed fit to compete this weekend after the respective injuries picked up during the Jerez race weekend.

89E093CE-1B13-4323-9B18-6EBFC7B5F118.jpeg

duccmann likes this.
  10. OOTV

OOTV Insider

It's confirmed, MM is not human! WTF?!

duccmann and Gator like this.
  11. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    LOL, a nerve block shot before the race goes a long ways. But remember JL when he did this same thing? At the end of the race it wore off and he was in so much pain they had to help him off the bike. These guys are crazy competitive.

12. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

Marquez didn't ride at all in FP1 or 2. Think he's saving himself for FP3, and qualifying, should he make it through FP3. Pretty interesting leader board after FP2 today.

OOTV likes this.
  13. Allyance

Allyance Insider

Germany
    Map
    Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 11.46.42 AM.png

Good interview with MM on the MotoGP site. He has backed out the Andalucia GP because he had problems with his elbow even though he pasted medical check.

14. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    That was one hell of a comeback last week.
    League of his own, to bad he hit that white line and got tossed, probably would of won.
    Hope ALEX gets a handle on his bike, sure next year will be good for him.

15. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    [​IMG]
    BB looking forward to his progress

16. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
  17. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

MotoAmerica at Atlanta this weekend. Second practice washed out today. Cam, Scholtz, Gagne, 1-2-3. Top times from dry morning session.

18. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Redding kickin some ass. Always knew if he had the right bike and team he’d be great

Gator likes this.
  19. Litre1000

Litre1000 New Member

United States
    He makes that bike look so damn small.....

20. scottbott

scottbott Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    I have a pair of VIP tickets to Donnington Park for the opening round of BSB, will be going on Sunday and it will be a bit weird as it will only be prize winners there, I won it through Bennetts insurance, I won a similar thing last year for BSB and it was a brilliant day, lap in a course car, grid walk etc, now if I can win the lottery!!

Gator likes this.