Anyone have Nitros boost?

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by TA-Rocks, Oct 13, 2014.

1. TA-Rocks

TA-Rocks New Member

United States
    Map
  2. Voided76

Voided76 New Member

United States
    Map
    that's a paintball gun tank, drop forward, with someone's sticker on it.

Looks like garbage, and there's literally no homework done to make sure 40 horses won't grenade your VFR.

By the dry nitrous kit reviews you could search here, It very much more than likely will. 15hp dry, is JUST ABOUT what you can get away with before you need a dyno tune towards it. it will as a result run like garbage until you add nitrous, without a map switching piggyback fueling controller.

If you do get a kit for the sauce, stick with 10-15 horse jets, or you will risk detonation and catastrophic failure.

3. carlgustav

carlgustav New Member

As I bought this kit from these folks for my '07 a couple of years ago, I can provide some info from personal experience. The components themselves are not shabby, except for the early model valve/mount combo. These have been upgraded though. The jet sizes listed are a little different from what I received back then. I think I got 15, 25, and 40hp jets with my kit. I also picked up a dual bottle setup, as I had removed the high mount mufflers, and put the bottles up under the tail section. The instructions I have stated to mount the spray lines so that they spray across the IAT in the airbox. This is supposed to fool the ECU into adding fuel as the sensed temp. drops when the nitrous enters the airbox. This worked for a 15hp jet & gave boost that felt about the same as the V-TEC kicking in, which in reality is not that big a deal. Don't get me wrong, I like the V-TEC kick, but it isn't all that much to start with. To this point, I had no power commander, and no dyno tuning had been done. And I never got that far. When I put in the 25hp jet, just a couple of short, experimental, runs indicated that the ECU was not going to compensate, and engine damage would likely occur if I kept playing around. I made this determination based on engine behavior when the 25hp shot was applied, she did not feel or sound good. I quit playing with this idea then, and have not tried again. I have since had my basically stock again VFR dyno'd, and while doing so I told the dyno guy about my nitrous experience. He said basically that you have to have a fuel/ignition mapping set up to safely play with nitrous, or you're asking for trouble. Particularly important is the ignition mapping ability. Word of advice, don't put too much faith in advertising that states dry shot systems are safe! If you don't know what you're doing, they're not. HTHs

ACE