Anyone tried the Brigdestone Battlax T32 or T32GT already

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by VFRBELGIUM, Jun 29, 2021.

1. VFRBELGIUM

VFRBELGIUM New Member

Belgium
    Morning,

Anyone already has experience with the Bridgestone Battlax T32 or the GT version?
    I just ordered a set (gt-spec) so i will be writing my findings later.

Regards,
    Jeroen

2. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
    I bought a pair, but have not mounted them yet.

3. VFRIRL2

VFRIRL2 New Member

Ireland
    GT version might not suit the 5th gen?

4. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    My 8th Gen has a a BattlaxT32 on the front and T31 on the rear. After 500 miles riding I really cannot find fault with either tyre or indeed determine any real difference. I think they are pretty much the same but the T32 has a slightly improved rubber mix designed to offer better tyre life - so it will be a long while before I can comment on whether or not there is any benefit for the newer and slightly more expensive tyre.

Certainly both should be good tyres as I managed nearly 12,000km on a set of T31s (and a fair bit more on the front) on my 6th Gen. So the T32 has a lot to live up to - but then again it really depends on how you ride. Some people will kill a set of tyres in under 2,000km.

5. VFRIRL2

VFRIRL2 New Member

Ireland
    I'm running Road 5's. very good tyres and not much dearer than T32 from what I remember. Old BT023 were great tyres and very cheap now.

6. VFRBELGIUM

VFRBELGIUM New Member

Belgium
    Good afternoon,

I'm back from my 3 week road trip throughout France lots of rain had a small crash as well (fairings are now at the work shop), and my cooling system started leaking but this is almost fixed. I didn't replace the o ring on the thermostat housing as i didn't had one at that time. Got one now wasn't a 100% fit but I'll try my luck.

So back to the tires. They fail to impress me. Frankly they are to stiff to give a smooth ride and don't get hot enough to give sufficient grip. They didn't slide but they weren't as gripy as my BT 30. I figured that hauling 35kg of luggage and my 83KG at that time would be enough for these GT - tires but they weren't.

On the other hand if you are looking for a commuting tire were longevity is important and you want a tire that doesn't square of that fast this is good tire for the job.

7. VFRIRL2

VFRIRL2 New Member

Ireland
    A GT tyre is wrong for the vfr800, the side walls are too stiff, they are made for heavy tourers like Pan 1300's FJR's etc. not surprised they didn't feel right on your 800, the Road 5's I have fitted offer unreal grip in the wet or dry.