Arrogant Cop

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by plasma, Sep 23, 2008.

1. HondaTech

HondaTech New Member

My experience with most of the law enforcement types around here, especially the county sheriffs in smaller rural areas is limited, but I hope every one of them gets an STD right in their mouth. I don't speed or do anything unsafe in any motor vehicle- it's just not worth it to me. My problem is for the very few tickets I have received in the last 18 years, (4) they were all trumped up BS, the cop basically told his story of lies in court, the judge didn't listen to anything I had to say in my defense with any interest whatsoever and I had to pay the nearly full fine every time. There are a few reasons for this but I think it boils down to police doing what they are told to do, especially now with the economy in the dumper. Cops have been told to write tickets to help fund municipalities/states/counties/etc. and that's what they do. For any reason they can. It's not about enforcing the law- if that was the case they could make a living arresting the dickheads I see selling drugs down by the bridge every goddamn day, or doing anything at all to try and curb the meth-heads that keep stealing highway guard rails to sell for scrap, it's about revenue generation.They also have the advantage of knowing the judge will always listen to the cop over the accused in these types of cases so they can say whatever they want. Example:

My last ticket a couple years ago was for rolling through a yellow light. In court the cop said I blew through a red light and made traffic wait for several seconds while I cleared the intersection. I know this to be false because as I went through the intersection he was 90 deg to my right and I watched his light turn green in my rearview mirror as I completed my turn, and my wife and passenger saw the same thing. When this prick came to my window the first thing he said in a real condescending tone was "do I even need to explain why I pulled you over?" According to the Oregon Driver's manual, and the traffic code (I looked it up to take to court and read to the judge) if it is unsafe to stop you can go through a yellow light, and the only way I could have stopped would have been to stand on my brakes and lock up the wheels on our Element and skid to a stop- and I probably would have gotten a ticket for that- he was there for one reason only- to generate revenue. It was also nice that since he was based out of a town 35 miles away, that's where I had to go for court instead of the court in the city I live in, that also was the location of the alleged infraction. The odds are heavily stacked against the common person and I am convinced it doesn't much matter if you are nice and cordial (I was) you are still getting that ticket, and the courts are designed to make you pay because they need the money. The next cop I meet who isn't a big walking phallus will be the first. That's my experience anyway.

End rant.

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Combining the phallic symbolism and the guy who bites off the heads of chickens is making this thread really scary.

3. borg

borg New Member

I am not here to point whether what has been said on this thread thus far has been factual, embellished or fabricated.

What I can share is that most if not all police agency’s traffic enforcement guidelines are dictated by laws enacted by their governments, be it federal, provincial or municipal.

Then there are the mandated projects such as reduction of collisions at high-risk intersections in order to save lives, decrease injuries and costs associated to any responses and investigations by emergency crews or otherwise in relation to such incidents. You may or may not agree, but collisions and other infractions often involve speeding and or traffic light/sign violations.

And then of course there is the revenue generated from targeted enforcements. People must understand that the money goes back to the feds/provincial/municipality and only a small portion of that is returned to the police agency as part of a yearly budget.

Hate them or loathe them for their behavior when dealing with you in an unprofessional manner, argue the ticket in court and or report them to the appropriate agency for their misconduct.

But remember, for every arrogant cop, there is an arrogant violator.

YouTube - Angry Driver Pulled Over

4. nessus

nessus New Member

It was very(read f.....ng) good reading. Take from me more then 1 hour. Everyone has is point of view, but i have nothing good to say.

We all broke a law sometimes. And we pay...... Life is hard and beatiful in same time. The bad bikers and bad police (people) all over the world. Get a life.

Only smart thing to too is go to garage and but my bike ready to ride. :cool:

5. Badbilly

United States
    Great vids! IMO those are actors. Nobody really does that when stopped. I think too those are propaganda vids paid for by cops who are out to get us. If I want to bite off the heads of chickens or get AFU on meth or do a jug of JD and go as fast as I want in school zones who are these F**cks who tell me that I can't? Freedom Man. Give me liberty of give me welfare. I always say.

OTOH.. Many (not "all" if it's get panties in a wad hour wherever you are) law enforcement agencies have ride along programs. These are real eye openers.

As an alternative if your local copshop turns you down, (collective "you" in case it's knickers in a wad hour someplace) or this is just not available. Find a fourway boulevard or a standard fourway traffic light. Get as close as possible without sticking out like a sore thumb and just watch.

Another fun and games thing to do is access one of the many smalltown or small county newspapers that are repro'd online. Check out the deewees handed out in a week.

...and thankee Jesus for making me perfect. LOL

6. deepdish

deepdish Banned

purgatory.........................................
    can i have the chicken when he's through
    ?
    ??:crazy:

7. Badbilly

United States
    IMO it's almost sinful to waste a perfectly good chicken headless or not. May I suggest repeating your question in the sort of new recipe thread? So far, it needs a chicken in every pot. BTW this is not an original by Herbert Hoover it was first used by one of the Louis guys who was King of France way the heck back, Indicating that chickens are not recent inventions.

8. Interceptor1

Interceptor1 New Member

[​IMG]
    Two California Highway Patrol Officers were conducting speeding enforcement on I-15, just north of the Marine Corps Air Station at Miramar . One of the officers was using a hand held radar device to check speeding vehicles approaching the crest of a hill. The officers were suddenly surprised when the radar gun began reading 300 miles per hour. The officer attempted to reset the radar gun, but it would not reset and then turned off.

Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the radar had in fact locked on to a USMC F/A-18 Hornet which was engaged in a low flying exercise near the location.
    [​IMG]
    Back at the CHP Headquarters the Patrol Captain fired off a complaint to the USMC Base Commander. The reply came back in true USMC style:

~ ~ ~

"Thank you for your letter. We can now complete the file on this incident.

You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Hornet had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked on to your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it, which is why it shut down..

Furthermore, an Air-to-Ground missile aboard the fully armed aircraft had also automatically locked on to your equipment location.

Fortunately, the Marine Pilot flying the Hornet recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile system alert status and was able to override the automated defense system before the missile was launched to destroy the hostile radar position.
    The pilot also suggests you cover your mouths when cussing at them, since the video systems on these jets are very high tech.

Sergeant Johnson, the officer holding the radar gun, should get his dentist to check his left rear molar. It appears the filling is loose. Also, the snap is broken on his holster.

Thank you for your concern.

Semper Fi

9. deadsprint

deadsprint New Member

Most cops are big fat liars.:biggrin:

I got directions from a cop in Boston to a motorcycle dealership. The directions were Dunkin Donuts based. Go two miles then turn right at the Dunkin Donuts. Then go three miles and turn left at the Dunkin Donuts. That cop did not lie and we had a nice discussion about driving in Boston. Cops do know where all the Donut shops are. The officer in this story did not lie to me.

10. deepdish

deepdish Banned

another cop story.........:mad:. I was riding not speeding; cop follows me and catches up to me during the process.(therefore he was speeding to do this) I seen him in mirror; he was trying to be slick. I signaled, turned, went down another street and he followed me about 1 mile. I was wearing my helmet, pants, leather jacket, and helmet. Once again the cop harresses a motorcyle. it was a beuatiful day and heavy traffic, as i followed the law no worries but then the cop passes me had to speed to do that and cuts in front of me by about 15 feet with no turn signal.. I bet if I did not signal he would have pulled me over.. I would like to use richard prior words a discriptions of what i think about this but once again pick on the sport bike and break the law ...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:when the cop does a u turn I know he was following me if I did not make that clear...:mad:porkchops.........

11. nemonkey

nemonkey New Member

Cops need to remember who they work for...namely, me...and do their best to give breaks and try to understand the difference between a 19 year old squid doing stoppies on a CBR1000 and a VFR rider, in full gear, out to get his heart rate up in a reasonable way. As for random stops, in my opinion police officers should not have the right to stop anyone at anytime based on a hunch. this is the united states, not russia

12. deepdish

deepdish Banned

well spoken...........................:thumbsup:

13. C111

C111 New Member

To all my "bosses" out there. I'd like a raise!
    I believe I am employed by the city as a whole, not by the individual.

14. Badbilly

United States
    Do you have a pic wearing two helmets?

15. nemonkey

nemonkey New Member

C111, I did not mean to imply that I should, as a citizen, be able to "boss" cops around, or that the police are somehow beholden to criminals or people they are involved in. Just that cops should be considering public safety before anything else. Randomly busting or harassing all motorcyclists, or worse yet, only those not wearing ridiculous leather frills and riding a harley, is counterproductive and a waste of taxpayer resources. Go find some meth labs or something. But I must say that in nearly all my encounters with constabulary I find that respect and deference earns the same.

16. TomFrost

TomFrost New Member

Originally Posted by TomFrost View Post
    Originally Posted by KC-10 FE

Whether or not I would obey laws which are apparently illegal is irrelevant.
    I say I have to right because the foundation of the Union between the States was that Rights are equal between the government and the private citizen.

Rights in regard to firearms are not negotiable. It is provided very clearly what those rights are to be.

There was a time this country when the Constitution was regarded as law, not just a 'guideline'.

17. GoForARide

GoForARide Banned

guideline?

Guideline???

i can give you at least one specific huge example of one statewide law that goes obsceanly and directly against the constitution.

18. TomFrost

TomFrost New Member

Johnny off-topic

State laws are a bit less guilty than federal laws in most regards, but in the case of the 2nd amendment, these laws are obese and flatulent.
    Federal law requires a 'background check' infringement.
    Many state laws require a 'waiting period' infringement.
    Several states' laws require a magazine capacity infringement.
    Several states' laws require an ammuntition importation infringement.
    The Federal government is working on an ammunition tax infringement.
    Several states' laws restrict or in infringe the legal right to posses an long arm which has a pistol grip, a detatchable magazine, a bipod, a "barrel shroud", an optical 'night-sight', or any magazine capable of holding more that ten rounds of ammuntion.
    Municipalities and counties often require a person to register his or her arms with the local police.
    There are endless regulations and infringements on the legal right to keep and bear firearms. I might sound crazy, but compare these 'common sense' gun control laws with the original text of the 2nd amendment to the Constitution:

19. TomFrost

TomFrost New Member

O! I misunderstood.... What is it?

20. dualcert

dualcert New Member

Frost....Wrong topic, this a rant about local POLICE not FEDERAL GOVERNMENT and their willingness to "infringe" upon your god given right to honor the 2nd amendment.