Best 6th Gen tires???

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by eightangrybears, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    I just made the switch to Michelin Pilot Power 2CT after running Pilot Road 2CT as my last three sets. All I can say is WOW what a difference!! They warm up very nice and stick like glue. Even though I won't get the same mileage out of them I'll never go back to the Pilot Roads again.

Rollin

2. bitterpil

bitterpil New Member

United States
    Map
    The 2ct has a different profile than the road (More triangular). The only thing similar is Pilot in the name The more triangular profile provides a lot more surface contact in a lean. They turn in faster and pop out of a turn faster. Stick like crazy in a lean , improved lean angles etc. The mileage is not the same as the roads but is not that bad considering. 5-7k respectively.

I ride those or bt016s. I like the feedback I get from the BTs a bit more but I'll take either and be happy.

3. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    Yeah, my next set is Pilot Power. So what if they wear out faster? That's why I have a job - to buy proper motorcycle equpiment!

The Pilot Road is a good tire, but it's more of a compromise for longevity. I don't commute and I HATE freeways, so . . .

4. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    The Powers have excellent grip and with their triangular profile tip in much quicker than the Road 2s BUT I had 3 sets of Powers before my previous 2 sets of R2s and 3 out of the 3 rear Powers ended up getting flats in the wet near end of their life. When plugging found due to their light carcass even though the wear markers were still legal get very thin.

Found the R2s even with twice the mileage on them were flat resistant and the R3s currently installed have also proven robust despite some dubious after storm road debris I'd inadvertently run over on an old logging road during my last tour. :cool:

5. Parker VFR

Parker VFR New Member

I've used Michelin Power, PR2, and PR in the past. To be honest, I guess since I don't drag my knees in the curves I'm not really testing the full capabilities of these tires. Anyway - I can't tell the diff in those 3 myself, other than price and availability. I usually go with the cheapest of those 3 and they all seem to ride like I'm on rails. What I like best about Michelin is their grip in the rain.