Best time to re-fuel??

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by fotodaddy, Nov 8, 2008.

1. HondaTech

HondaTech New Member

I'm pretty sure Honda designed the bike to run down to when the tank is empty, otherwise if the pump needed to be constantly submerged for longevity they would have changed when the gauge says E methinks. I would get fuel when you A: Need it or B:It's convenient to get fuel

2. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    I'm not sure why, but I HATE to stop to refuel, whether I'm on my VFR or in my cage, though I'm a bit more careful when on two wheels. Once I'm moving, I dont like to stop for anything, unless nature is urgently calling. So, more often than not, I end up waiting until I'm about ready to piss my pants or I'm on fumes, and then I nervously and urgently look for the closest service station.

For some masochistic reason, I need to personally find out where "Empty" really is on the fuel gauge. Of course, this has bitten me on my stubborn ass more than once over the years, requiring me to call a friend or AAA for help. I guess I'll just never learn.

(New farkle idea: If someone can find a way for urine to work as a fuel, one stop would resolve both issues! This would be recycling at its finest!)

Now if someone definitively knows that this practice is harmful to my baby and/or my prostate, maybe that will be the incentive I need to change my irrational ways! Maybe. :smile:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  3. ZonaMan

ZonaMan New Member

+1

or if you you're on a road trip to new and exciting places......when you have no idea how far the next town is, get it while you can.

4. lynchingacers

lynchingacers New Member

member the old petcocks with the reserve i always fill up when i get to reserve because i always seem to for get and run out if i don't lol

the other day i was running out as i pulled into the station lol
    had to spend my last 5$ on 2 gallons to get around for the next few days

oops on thinking i had 30 miles was riding kinda aggressive that day