Brightening stainless exhaust

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by VFR Love, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    So far. aboot 14 trips to Walmart and 89.99 pesos worth of polish when maybe what is on that pipe is from somebody's pants leg. A quick wipe with acetone might take care of some of that.

2. Scoooterpuff

Scoooterpuff New Member

United States
    Hey guys, dont mean to bring an old post back,
    This is my first time posting actually since buying my first 00 VFR 800(love it).
    I had a midpipe look just like that and let me be the first to suggest this little thing called White Diamond. My midpipe looked like that before, but then I took some on a microfiber and 5 minutes later, not even breaking a sweat it came back to a new, unused state. Advance Auto Parts sells it. On my 85 nighthawk 650 i took the dull fork bodies, used scotch brite red pad and white diamond to get it free of clear coat, then used white diamond to get them to a chrome finish. Not kidding. I don't use sand paper when polishing but try White Diamond. I have a shelf of polishes and waxes as I am a detail nut. I have my VFR torn apart right now cleaning every inch of it and polishing all the metals. I will warn that once you use most polishes, you will want to also seal the aluminum from future oxidation. This stuff does have a sealant built in.

I used to work at Advance, never saw this stuff sell until my manager put a little dab on the parts rack(dull, crappy oxidized metal) and just used his finger to rub it around and all the black liquid swirled. let it haze then wiped it with a towel. Kid you not, it was mirror like.
    I bought a bottle and haven't touched anything else since. The guy that started the business has been selling for a while now. He strictly sells based on word of mouth. Advance is really his big break in retail shelves but he has booths at large harley events as that was where it started. I use this stuff on everything that needs shine.

I do like the mothers metal polish. Blue Magic I think its called works well too. I have this stuff from the Chicago Auto Show, metal polish(the booth that shines soda cans) I thought was the next best thing since sliced bread. Seriously, i bought it and it was awesome stuff. But, I always had to use a Mothers cone polisher on my drill. I do need to try that Zoop. I have heard of it, but all my detail buying funds seem to go to parts, haha.

3. Arnzinator

Arnzinator New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey Scoooterpuff. Make sure post up in Introductions & include pics. Even if your bike is in pieces, we like pics.

4. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    Had nothing better to the other morning, so I decided to clean the alloy wheels on my old 2002 Envoy. Car was from NY, and wheels had rust stains from salty water dripping from iron/steel parts, ugly. Simple Green cleaned grease and brake dust, but did nothing for rust stains. So I tried liquid Comet with Clorox, wa-laa:
    [​IMG]
    12 year old wheels, spotless.