Bring The Viffers!!!!!!

Discussion in 'USA - Central' started by langenwalter777, Mar 2, 2009.

1. langenwalter777

langenwalter777 New Member

Map
    ever herd of Algona Ia ? Well look it up youll find we hold the second largest bike rally besides Sturgis! The only problem is that we dont have any vfrs except mine! Lots of bikers love the look of them and are always asking me why they havent seen many of these bikes... So i need your help! Bring your bike and enjoy your weekend at mini sturgis. If we can get alot of vfrs i woud like to hold a VIP VFR ride. So if interested or have Qs email me at trentlangenwalter@yahoo.com Dont miss this fun time for a lame weekend at home!!!

2. CdnVffer

CdnVffer New Member

So I'm from Canada when and where is this place again and when is it happening! I might be interested depending on mileage to get there and where it is on the map of North America!

Cheers.........

3. langenwalter777

Map
    its called the abate lowa freedom ride look up abateiowafreedomrally.com look at the pic of previous years and it has all the info on the wed site so let me know what you think!

4. powerslave

powerslave New Member

Map
    I have already been making tentative plans to attend Sturgis...Not really my cup-of-tea, but it's reasonably close to me, and it's more of an "I want to break away and ride" thing then an "I've just GOT to go to Sturgis" thing.
    This place looke like about the same distance as Sturgis for me, and I'd much rather hang with some VFR peeps. If a bunch of vfrworld members comitted to this rally, I would absolutely drop my Sturgis plans and meet some of you fine folks here!!!!

5. soundmaster31

soundmaster31 New Member

Iowa? I can do Iowa. Depends when. Hell, I even have friends that live in Iowa so I'll have a place to stay.

aaaagh but July 4th is a no go.

6. langenwalter777

Map
    if you look at the pics im sure youll have a better time here than at home plus we have a great fireworks show. I dont know if you looked at the bands that will be performing.. its very tempting!! You know you want to!!!!!! Hell bring friends with bikes, this party wont let you down! People NEED to know what the hell a VFR is lol ! If you got Qs hit me up.

7. soundmaster31

soundmaster31 New Member

see that's just it. I have a similar experience at home. All of us ride out to the lake. Take the speed boats, pontoon, and jet skis out all day. Sit on the water and listen to the live band that plays on our neighbors huge ass deck out over the water, and we have community sponsored fireworks right on the lake.

good news, you're in my age bracket so that's a start lol.

8. tomservo

tomservo New Member

I'll do my best to make at least one day. Trying to get time off work can be hard. If there was one day in particular that worked for everyone, I wouldn't mind meeting some new people.

9. gwooly

gwooly New Member

I will try to make it too. It would have to be the 2nd or 3rd though. My buddies and I get together, drive down to Missouri to buy about $1000 on fireworks, and then put on a show at our July 4th party.

Is this bigger than Sturgis on the River at the Fairgrounds?

btw - tomservo - I'm pretty sure I see you riding around on 53rd St. from time to time. Have you seen a red 6th gen. with cf Micron pipes and no chainguard? That's me.

10. tomservo

tomservo New Member

Yeah, I'm on 53rd quite a bit. Sorry, I can't recall a red 6th. I've seen a white 6th by my house at a factory. I was thinking the 3rd. I'm trying to get a few riders from my car club to go. Some of them live in DSM so it would be an easy ride for them.

I'll start looking for you gwolevel, maybe we could ride sometime?

11. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    Dang, can we come to your party?

12. tbone

tbone New Member

I don't know what the roads are like around Algona but the roads around Sturgis are sweet. I rode my VFR to Sturgis for the first time last year and had a blast. Every morning I would get up early and go ripping through Custer State Park. Brand new blacktop roads in the mountains that were smooth as silk. Then in the afternoons I would go riding through the Valley to all the little towns outside Sturgis. I did spend a few afternoons in downtown Sturgis and never had anyone give me any grief about my bike. I would highly recommend it to anyone. It's not just for the HD crowd, it's for the two wheeled crowd. I'll be heading back again this year if anyone wants to meet up for some ripping through the twisties.

I would be in for the Algona event but I'll be out in Oregon over the 4th.

13. powerslave

powerslave New Member

Map

My plans to attend Sturgis have firmed up over the past few weeks so, it's off to Sturgis I go!!!!!!

14. tomservo

tomservo New Member

just wondering if anyone is still planning on going?