Can I afford to fix an issue or two, if I buy this?

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Glenngt750, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    Looking at a 2003 Honda VFR800. Asking $2500.00, w/39000 k.m.'s on it. Has a Corbin seat, and a set of Leo Vince slip-ons. Haven't seen or heard it yet. Wondering if it's such a good deal that I can afford to fix an issue or two if they arise. Anyone in Canada buy or sell their VFR800/VFR750 lately? VFR800.jpg $_27.jpg VFR8   1.jpg VFR800 2.jpg VFR800 3.jpg

2. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    I guess it depends on what the issues might be and how handy you are with tools. Personally I am partial to good deals on bikes that people have issues with.

3. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    Isn't 40k the magic # for cam chain tensioners usually?

4. Grez007

Grez007 New Member

Canada
    People would be asking 4K all week long around my parts for that bike in nice shape. Friend of mine paid 2800 for one with way more miles and in need of a paint job.

5. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    I just bought a 2002 VFR800 with 22K miles for $1200. Body work is rashed and it smoked a bit. Has been sitting since 2013. Needs tires and some love.

I worry a bit about the market for bikes because I have my VTR1000 Superhawk on Craigslist for $2600 and not one response. Not even a shipping scam or a Nigerian Prince.

6. Vifferinho

Vifferinho New Member

+1 on that one. Vfr's here in ontario can be pricey due to the low insurance rates for this bike. Just look at the sport bikes for sale. Significantly lower due to high rates.

7. Knight

Knight New Member

United States
    Map
    I can see that happening here, but in the huge Dallas market? That is disappointing brother. Sounds like a great bike! Would love to try it some day.

8. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    I actually LOVE the VTR but I need to move something to generate funds to go into my new VFR 6th gen. I have my Norton on for $5800 (too much I know) but I got zero interest on that as well.

2016-05-14 09.17.15.jpg

9. Terry Smith

Terry Smith Member

New Zealand
    Map
    Dear Sir, SEEKING YOUR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE. Please permit me to make your acquaintance in so informal a manner. This is necessitated by my urgent need to reach a dependable and trust wordy foreign partner. This request may seem strange and unsolicited but I will crave your indulgence and pray that you view it seriously. My name is. DAN PATRICK of the Democratic Republic of Congo and One of the close aides to the former President of the Democratic Republic of Congo LAURENT KABILA of blessed memory, may his soul rest in peace. Due to the military campaign of LAURENT KABILA to force out the rebels in my country, I and some of my colleagues were instructed by Late President Kabila to go abroad to purchase Honda v-twin motorcycles worth of Twenty Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars only (US$20,500,000.00) to ride our gnarly roads. But when President Kabila was killed in a bloody shoot-out by one of his aide a day before we were schedule to travel out of Congo, We immediately decided to divert the fund into a private security company here in Congo for safe keeping. The security of the said amount is presently being threatened here following the arrest and seizure of properties of Col.Rasheidi Karesava (One of the aides to Laurent Kabila) a tribesman, and some other Military Personnel from our same tribe, by the new President of the Democratic Republic of Congo, the son of late President Laurent Kabila, Joseph Kabila. In view of this, we need a reliable and trustworthy foreign partner who can assist us to move this money out of my country as the beneficiary. WE have sufficient ''CONTACTS'' to move the fund under Diplomatic Cover to a security company in the Europe in your name. This is to ensure that the Diplomatic Baggage is marked ''CONFIDENTIAL'' and it will not pass through normal custom/airport screening and clearance. Our inability to move this money out of Congo all This while lies on our lack of trust on our supposed good friends (western countries) who suddenly became hostile to those of us who worked with the late President Kabila, immediately after his son took office. Though we have neither seen nor met each other, the information we gathered from an associate who has worked in your country has encouraged and convinced us that with your sincere assistance, this transaction will be properly handled with modesty and honesty to a huge success within two weeks. The said money is a state fund and therefore requires a total confidentiality. Thus, if you are willing to assist us move this fund out of Congo, you can contact me through my email address above with your telephone, fax number and personal information to enable us discuss the modalities and what will be your share (percentage) for assisting us. I must use this opportunity and medium to implore You to exercise the utmost indulgence to keep this Matter extraordinarily confidential, Whatever your Decision, while I await your prompt response. NOTE: FOR CONFIDENTIALITY, I WILL ADVISE YOU REPLY ME ON MY ALTERNATIVE EMAIL BOX (patrickdan@rediffmail.com).Thank you and God Bless. Best Regards, MR DAN PATRICK.

10. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    Thank you Cadbury. You made my day sir!

11. NormK

NormK New Member

I sent Patrick an email but unfortunately because I'm not in Europe I am unable to help him:biggrin-new:

12. KBrian

KBrian New Member

I just bought a 2005 VFR 800 non ABS bike with 38000 miles/61000 km for 2400 Canadian dollars. It has new P Angels, good brakes, chain and sprockets. and some scratches on the saddlebags. Very nice bike that was for sale for at least a few weeks. Hundreds of sport, sport/touring bikes for sale in thois market for very good prices 20160624_093746.jpg

13. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    [​IMG]

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

14. Jeff_Barrett

Jeff_Barrett Member

Canada
    Map
    Don't know how I missed this .. any 'known' issues with the bike or is it running?

$2,500 CAD is cheap for that bike if it's running. I paid $5,200 CAD for mine bone stock with only 9,800km' on it. I say go for it if it's running well and you give it a good check over.

Same colour as mine and 1 year newer. ABS?? Looks like the non-ABS model.