Check out my “new” scooter

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by GatorGreg, Oct 6, 2018.

1. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
  2. sdouble

sdouble New Member

France
    are you seriously ride this piece of shit ?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  3. FJ12rydertoo

FJ12rydertoo Member

United States
    Map
    Amen to that. Peggy has owned several scooters starting with a Honda 250 Reflex, then a 600 Silverwing, then a China made
    150 Jonway, now back to a Honda PCX 150. The Jonway was a total POS, not too bad of a design, but just poorly built. The
    fit and finish was awful, and Peggy got tired of it really quick, which was why she got the PCX. The difference between the two
    is remarkable, but the price difference was also pretty darned remarkable, the PCX was nearly 4 times the price.

4. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Just got back from a trip to the tag office with a stopover at Huey Magoo’s for lunch. “Nero” the scooter is now fully road legal - LOL. The only tag office in my county open on a Saturday is 14 miles from my house so I was able to take Nero for his first fairly long ride. This thing is a hoot to ride and a filtering beast! :D I had no trouble leaving cars in my wake upon takeoff at lights and since the speed limit was 45 I only got passed once (my speed topped out at about 51-52 indicated mph). The one guy who passed me was in an Audi S type coupe and I couldn’t help but smile as I filtered right past him and a dozen other cars at the next light. Nero also looked right at home parked on the sidewalk at Huey Magoo’s where he was ogled over by a little league baseball team and a pedal biker gang of middle aged men - LOL. Here’s some pics from today:

3BFE1D1A-0BE8-4640-91EE-0B28938A3087.jpeg

68649D61-EE4E-4BE4-8952-3B484AC9F78D.jpeg

2AAC96AA-776D-4CBF-9C2C-FCF0334E8383.jpeg

Samuel likes this.
  5. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    You must be pleased with it as you have been seen out in daylight, where as the poor viffer is mostly night shots.

Diving Pete likes this.
  6. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    I'm expecting sales of these to outperform the Asian market now it has the GG seal of approval.

7. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    I appreciate you guys taking a quick break from your danceathon to post your insights :D

IMG_1756.JPG

fink likes this.
  8. Zapp

Zapp New Member

United States
    Map
    I love scooters, my first bike was a 2003 Honda Reflex ABS.

[​IMG]

I test rode a Honda Elite years ago and I had a blast. It's surprisingly quick for 110cc bike and so much fun to flick around corners and through traffic. It's really a great little scoot, glad you are having fun with it.

Samuel likes this.
  9. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    It's hard to take the piss out of someone when you ride a sewing machine, but I'm sure you will continue to try.

fink likes this.
  10. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Yeah the Elite 110 is flickable beyond belief and weaves through traffic effortlessly - it's very fun to ride. I like that yellow Reflex, I see some VFR-like styling elements in it. I had to look them up to see what they were all about (see link below) and it looks like it's a 1st gen Forza from overseas. I wish Honda would bring us the new generation 2018 Forza 300 (see vid below). They only sold the Forza 300 here for the '14-'16 model years so I'm hoping they'll bring the new gen Forza 300 here as a '19.

Link: http://www.motorscooterguide.net/Honda/Reflex/Reflex.html

11. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
  12. VFR4Lee

VFR4Lee Member

United States
    Map
    LOL. Stopped at Bear Divide picnic area today, was me and 1 bicycle. Within 6 minutes or so the scooter hoard had arrived. At least 20 of them including one with plate Mrvespa. Riding a Vespa with an akrapovich pipe and nitrous bottle in the trunk that he claimed was good for another 9 HP. Woo hoo. :italy:
    How long can you hold the button before it blows up? :nelson:

I had to get the f out of there.

13. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    I suppose I might feel the same about scooters if I had a Napolean complex like you - LOL. I feel sorry for guys who have to equate their masculinity to the type of vehicle they ride - it's quite sad actually. Fortunately for me I look like Gregory Peck (or so I've been told) so I can ride whatever I want and still get Audrey Hepburn to ride pillion :D

14. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    If he has an Akrapovich exhaust then I assume Mr. Vespa won't be interested in their new Elettrica electric scooter which is being marketed as super quiet (see vid below) :D I read it just went into production in September and will be arriving in the USA in early 2019.

15. cat0020

cat0020 Trumper

United States
    Map
    Gogoro heats up electric scooter battery swap war with new battery and scooter partners

Micah Toll - Oct. 17th 2018 11:10 am ET

[​IMG]

Lately we’ve been seeing a lot of promise for swappable electric batteries in the light electric vehicle industry. Just yesterday, KYMCO announced a partnership with 22Motors to build electric scooters based on the Ionex swappable battery standard. Now one of KYMCO’s biggest rivals in the battery swapping EV space is firing back with their own announcement.

Gogoro has secured a number of new partnerships using their own swappable EV batteries.

Gogoro swappable battery electric scooters
    Swappable batteries are the holy grail of light electric vehicles. Smaller EVs such as electric bicycles, scooters and trikes have limited space for batteries. Swappable batteries are a quick and easy way to increase their effective range.

Taiwan-based Gogoro burst onto the scene three years ago with a novel battery swapping system and accompanying electric scooters. Gogoro introduced a model that allowed riders to buy their scooters, while the batteries were still owned by the company. Riders then enrolled in a subscription service that allowed them to swap their batteries at over 750 battery swap stations spread around the country.

The batteries themselves are 1.3 kWh packs, which are twice the capacity of competitor KYMCO’s swappable batteries.

[​IMG]

The system won widespread praise, helping Gogoro scoop up 7% of the market share for all scooter sales in Taiwan earlier this year – an impressive feat for a new company competing against established giants such as KYMCO and SYM.

However, Gogoro’s scooters and battery swap stations were originally limited to just consumer use. Now the company is expanding their reach by targeting commercial users.

Gogoro swappable battery partners

Today, Gogoro announced a flurry of new partnerships aimed at expanding the reach of their battery standard and commercial sales.

Two Taiwanese scooter companies, Aeon and PGO, will be added to the Gogoro Energy Network. Both companies will begin building electric scooters that accept Gogoro’s swappable battery standard.

In addition, Gogoro announced partnerships with DHL and Taiwan Post. Both companies will begin using Gogoro 2 Utility scooters, designed specifically for commercial applications.

Both partnerships will allow Gogoro to extend their local influence in the vast electric scooter market.

[​IMG]

The growth of electric scooters

In Taiwan, personal cars are rare as most residents commute on scooters. Electric scooters are the fastest growing segment of scooters locally due to their convenience compared to gas scooters.

With local electric scooter giants Gogoro and KYMCO now competing with two different swappable battery standards for light electric vehicles, the scooter wars are expected to intensify even further.

Both companies are now beginning to expand outside of their native Taiwan. KYMCO’s Ionex Commercial is beginning to develop international partnerships, starting in India.

Gogoro has operated electric scooter sharing programs as a partnership with Bosch in Paris and Berlin.

[​IMG]

https://electrek.co/2018/10/17/gogoro-electric-scooter-battery/

GatorGreg and Zapp like this.
  16. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    I have a complex?
    This from someone who has to share every aspect of his life on here, and if it doesn't get instant approval from 100% of the responders, throws his toys out of the pram and resorts to childish insults.
    BTW, if you knew anything about history, Bonaparte at 5'7, was taller than the average at the time.
    How's that lithium battery now it's run in? An extra 500hp and dragging your mirrors on the ground in corners by now I'm sure.

17. Zapp

Zapp New Member

United States
    Map
    That crossed my mind as well so I scrounged up this old photo of me and my Reflex compared to the 6th gen VFR at relatively the same angle. The Reflex/Forza came out in 2001 while the sixth gen VFR is 2002. I suppose there are some similarities, definitely the Honda design DNA carries through.

[​IMG]

Samuel likes this.
  18. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    You’re a classic case actually :D

19. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Nice pic - definitely a family resemblance there.

20. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    You don't lose your man card for having a scooter. But you lose it for naming your scooter. lol

Samuel likes this.