Classic Interceptor Wheelies

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by HondaHaydenWI, Feb 4, 2024.

1. HondaHaydenWI

HondaHaydenWI New Member

United States
    These are some classic Interceptor wheelies from a friend of mine in Wisconsin. They weren't filmed here. He had rode CB's VF's, VFR's before moving on to 900RR's when I met him. He's a fairly private guy and nowadays rebuilds 40+ year old Honda trailbikes under 100cc for fun which he can still wheelie even though they are automatics. Don't understand why he doesn't ride still but he loves tinkering with the little bikes.

This is a cool site and I love Honda's. The Interceptor was iconic. Spring is coming. Safe, fun riding everyone!

2. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    dangerous and foolish juvenile antics, mostly illegal. too many young evil knievels get injured showoffing risky stunts they cant master.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
    34468 Randy likes this.
  3. HondaHaydenWI

HondaHaydenWI New Member

United States
    :Lalala::Cry: Looks like what would have been mastery to me on a 36 year old bike lol!! He can wheelie for miles now on anything, really. While not a perfect look, helmet laws are still a personal choice in the majority of states. Everyone should consider wearing a helmet. It's safer.

With this said, his wheelie "antics" inspired many other professional riders including Cecil "Bubba" Myers, who won the 2018 Motorcycle World Wheelie Championsip in Elvington, UK with a 1 km 206 mph wheelie. "Bubba" regularly recognizes in press interviews that as a young boy, Dave was an inspiration to him.

I believe we all get inspiration from somewhere. Evil Knievel, Rossi, another, or otherwise. I can assure you his love of the sport has had more of a positive impact than anything else.

If you got it, you got it. If you don't, you don't. Please don't judge till you can hang.

philois1984 likes this.