Cross country riding partner wanted

Discussion in 'USA - South' started by Bikermike, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Bikermike

Bikermike New Member

I'm looking for someone to ride cross country with from NC to California.
    I'll be leaving on the April 1st. Looking for some april fools to take the trip with.

If you can join me for the trip or part of ot contact me at

mclesser@hotmail.com or respond here.

Thanks,

Mike

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Aww shucks, you're starting at the wrong side. :) Hey if you make it near the central coast of CA give me a yeall. Maybe we can grab lunch or something.

3. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    don't know if you're checking e-mail on your trip, but thought I'd check your progress if you are... give me a call if you make it to the central coast. if you do get out here, you have to hit the PCH (Hwy 1) and that scoots right by where I live.

4. mrae

mrae New Member

Or if you are lost in Montana you can check in at Flathead Lake- my husband and I are Honda people and have a guest spot for cross country riders. mrae

5. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    mrae,

I used to live up in Great Falls. I was stationed there from 90-94 and I have a friend from Missoula who is back there now. She loves riding but she has only ridden pillion. Both on Harleys and a 98 VFR.

6. mrae

mrae New Member

preregrin--- at first i thought that was peregrin, like the bird. anyway- i rode the whole PCH south thru central coast last October- some great twisties. most of my ride was rainy though. tested my tires and my rain gear.... oh well , touring is its own reward. mrae(montana) are you in atascadero area?

7. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    It is a deliberate misspelling of the bird (actually taken from lord of the rings because it was one of my favortie books when I was a kid) Anyway, It's my handle for yahoo and and most everything else because the misspelled version is usually available. Yes, I live in Atascadero. I enjoy the PCH, but the last couple days, it has been 85 degrees and clear here and cloudy/windy/cool over there... Needless to say, I've been riding on this side of the hills. :)
    Amazing how much difference 10-15 miles can make... In the winter, we head 15 mi south for 5 degrees warmer weather...when it gets really hot this summer we hit the coast to cool down then come back here of an evening...

8. mrae

mrae New Member

hi Preregin-- My husbands 2 sons/grandkids live in Templeton and Paso Robles. I visited them on my way south last fall. You've got the best twisties coming up from the coast! When i rode it, I had a beautifull sunny afternoon on the Big Sur stretch and then when I got near Cambria, rain, ran out of daylight, and as I went up the hill to Templeton, dense fog..... I plan to ride through again next January on way to Mexico- maybe you can show me your favorite road. mrae

9. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I'd be happy to. There are two great creek roads that run inland from the PCH on the stretch you just mentioned. One is in Cambria, and the other is Fergusen Road 30 mi north of where the seals hang out on the beach.