Dropped.

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by Patrycja, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Marrib

Marrib Insider

United States
    Map
    Then I might have seen you around. There are acouple of rwb's in this area. There are a few 5th gens as well. I did a track day at Firebird last year with two 5th gens. The last track days there have been no vfrs.

I've been to Crater a few times. First time on a bike. My sister lives in Bend so it's just around the corner. The rest of the trip will be southern Oregon and Northern Ca. Weather should be super. Which route did you use coming south? I was thinking of getting to Sacramento in 3 or 4 days, then heading over to Hwy 49 and coming down the east side of Ca.

When it gets cooler, you could try the Vulture Mine road up to Wickenburg. Then the back way to Prescott through Congress. (A large amount of police). Then off to Jerome. There is a member rider in Cottonwood (Drewl). It's a day trip but not to taxing. There is the very long trip to Alpine and south. I've heard there are a lot of corners and the it's high desert so the weather is cooler. But it takes 170miles just to get to the road. All slab. But, alas, we live on a grid.

I'll send you a pm when I get back (26th or so). Maybe set up a ride to the cooler altitudes.

2. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Boston is made up of primarily Canadian players.

That's quite right. You guys won Silver at the last two Olympics, both men and women. Who was it now who won the Gold? I recall a 'Loonie" being planted at centre ice at Salt Lake City a few Olympics back.

We also burned down your Whitehouse back in 1812 because your Presidewnt was too cheap to keep the fridge stocked with quality beer.

3. diVeFR

diVeFR New Member

United States
    Map
    Ill give that to you Randy.... You have to admit the Olympics are tough. I mean the worlds best of the best are competeing for that gold necklace. Thats a lot of competators to battle for the number one spot in the world and you get to keep that for four years.....Now to the topic at hand..... Lord Stanley of Canada (Gov) made the cup no debate about that. But did you know for the last 17 years the cup that was made in Canada has resided here in the US of A...... Thats equivelant of 4 1/2 olympics almost. Defended every year albiet by different teams of the US....and its not a world event... Just sayin....:tongue:

As for burning the White house....you Canadians have THE worst timeing!!!!! Why couldnt you guys do that now????? We'll even let you guys have at the Capital building lol. Of course while the nimrods that work there are present. And you guys would get away Scott free.... I mean really who would beleive that Canadians burnt Washington??? It would be beleiveable that Washington set fire to itself because of all the hot air that is produced there. Talk about global warming. :flame:

Cheers to you helping out a fellow member. Just remember... she has mace. :lol:

:canada:

4. diVeFR

diVeFR New Member

United States
    Map
  5. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Patrycja, sorry for the mishap but when owning a bike its not if your going to drop it but when. Shit happens and the one thing that will make it all right is CASH. Maybe you should lower it a tad like I did, seeing the I am vertically challenged at 5'6 I bought lustracing triangles that lowered it perfectly for my size--and ya know what??? it handles better now - Beautiful OWNER and ya, nice bike too :tongue: Oh and when I am moving the led sled around the garage, I all ways back it up on the left side with the kick stand down, if moving forward , raise it and take your time-no rush JMO

6. Riggy

Riggy New Member

Based on your luck i would suggest looking into a crash cage. Not sure if they make them for the VFR but you could probably get one fabbed up for pretty cheap and they will definitely save your bike in a fall.
    [​IMG]

Also an extended bar end slider would probably help protect your mirrors as well
    [​IMG]

7. Keager

Keager Member

United States
    Map
    As for me, I blame Canada for everything.

Southpark - Blame Canada - Video

8. Patrycja

Patrycja New Member

Map
    Holy shit - you are FUNNY! I can't stop laughing :hss: I'm in AZ, so no leaves - will cactus do? I will add extra syrup :wink:

9. Patrycja

Patrycja New Member

Map
    Hey. Yes, do that. Me and my girlfriend (she has a gixxer) love riding and we were waiting for it to cool down, so we can go for a ride. The last one we did was to Jerome through Prescott and back on 17 and it was lots of fun. I haven't done the ones you are talking about, so yeah - let's go =)

As for the route, I can't really tell you because it was my first time and my friend knows the area, so I didn't pay so much attention. I know that we took 5 from Oregon and then, made our way over to Santa Cruz - defintiely after Sacramento - and stayed there for couple of days to ride around, and go to the races. Sorry I can't help much.

Sounds like fun though. Be safe!

10. Patrycja

Patrycja New Member

Map
    Thanks for sharing! I will look into the bar end sliders - never heard of them - and as for the frame, I'm getting frame sliders, and eventually will probably add fork and clutch ones too, so my boy is full protected :smile:

11. Patrycja

Patrycja New Member

Map
  12. Patrycja

Patrycja New Member

Map
    Randy, the mirror has arrived! It fits like a glove =) Here are the photos. Thanks again for that. You're very kind for sending it to me for free and so quickly. I owe you! mirror 2.jpg mirror.jpg

13. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Did Randy include one of his awesome patches he has made ?????????????? VTEC Militia

14. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    That's great. We do that here if we can. But seeing as you are the one who said you owe me, I was thinking of a Carribean Cruise this coming February. Thought I would go Carnival and depart out of New Orleans. That wa I can stay at Mardi Gras for a few days at the tail end. But I am short of cash. Maybe you can pay for it.

JK of course. But I think the cruise is going to happen. I can sell myself down on Hastings and Main to raise the funds,

If you are interested in one of those patches go here and follow instuctions on my first post. If not, then disregard. Not for everyone.

http://vfrworld.com/forums/general-vfr-discussions/36308-6th-gen-militia-patches-now-here.html

15. WetSpot

WetSpot New Member

Map
    You need to look at the bright side - I haven't dropped many bikes but when I have, it's been bike heaven for the beast and hospital for me... Small drops add character... :tongue:

16. Patrycja

Patrycja New Member

Map
    Aw Randy...You are something else Sir. Thanks again! :smile:

17. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    .............:embarassed:

18. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Great. All we need is someone telling the resident geezer "he's so great". Now we'll never get rid of him.

19. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    What were the first few words to the theme song for The Love Boat??????See what you started here Patriycja? I alsway thought that us older type people would get some respect. You think maybe I was wrong?

20. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Funny, how old are you Randy ? bet I'm older. These young pups just dont have any respect fer there elders huh?