Dyno Tune Shop Reomendations in SoCal

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Doug7200, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Doug7200

Doug7200 New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm looking for a shop in Southern California that is familiar with 6th gen/2002 VFR's. I want a custom tune for the PCIII combined with other modifications - headers w/o cat w slip on's and O2's removed, PAR rmv'd, flapper mod, snorkel rmv'd, high flow air filter.

My VFR runs pretty well, but there are a couple areas I think could be improved.

I checked the list on PC's web site and called a couple, but they seemed more into HD's and/or pure sport bikes. None had much, if any VFR experience.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

2. Doug7200

Doug7200 New Member

United States
    Map
    Well...

I searched and spoke to many people about a good SoCal tuner with VFR experience. I was referred by 3 people I respect to Cohen Motorsports - 714-993-5000. Two are VFR (6th and 7th Gens) riders and the other a Triumph Speed Triple.

All three were happy with the work Cohen did on their bikes. So I called and spoke to Mickey Cohen for about 5 minutes. He listened to my my description of how my VFR was running, equipment installed, modifications and my general questions. He also asked me quite a few questions.

He asked if I had a PowerComander installed - yes, as he prefers those be installed. He quoted me a price - each bike and needs are different, so ask him what he charges to tune your bike. But I thought price quoted was fair. He said it takes around 3 hours, and we could set an appointment and I could ride the bike in and wait. The next appointment was about a week out.

I was trying for next week, but unfortunately, something came up and I will have to postpone for at least 6-8 weeks. But I will be having Cohen do a custom dyno based map on my 6th Gen.

I'll report back with results.

3. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Just saw this. Cohen has been mentioned on OCmoto, another forum I check out from time to time, and there too they got good reviews. Please report back afterward as this will help other members looking for a good Dyno tuner for their ride.