edmonton riders

Discussion in 'Canada & Alaska' started by bounce_man, Sep 9, 2007.

1. precurse

precurse New Member

That's not bad then. I really haven't done much highway riding since I got my bike a year ago. The furthest I've gone was out to Edson for a night and the stock seat really killed my arse (since got a Sargent). It doesn't help that I'm a 6'1 260lb bodybuilder - never mind the fact it's damn near impossible to find any sort of gear that fits.

2. Q-Dawg

Q-Dawg New Member

I'm in the Edmonton area too: if you happen to spot a blue 6th gen its probably me! Come say hi if you spot me.

There's more VFR's out there than you probably think. I see quite a few, but obviously not as many as some other bike varieties. A lot of them are not forum members.

I don't do tons of local riding; I discovered a while ago that I live primarily for sport touring. Romping around home typically doesn't do much for me, but when it is nice I like to ride around home, and always happy to make a new VFR friend.

That being said, are there any members on here headed down to the VFRD meet in Colorado this summer? (Besides you, Gerry) Still looking to see who else I might be able to share some miles with to/from the meet.

3. precurse

precurse New Member

I think I'm in the same boat as you now. I've already put on over 14000K since last summer (no more than 1000K highway), and wanting to do more highway trips.

Going on any trips in the near future?

4. Gerrys02800

Gerrys02800 New Member

Q-Dawg and I will be heading down to Colorado in August for a VFR meet. We are waiting until the last min to see if our departure times line up and we will ride out and meet others along the way. I might veer off and head to Bend OR a day or so early to see Family then hotshot it to the meet.

5. precurse

precurse New Member

Yeah, I'm pretty jealous that you guys are heading down there.

If I wasn't already taking 4.5 weeks off for my Europe trip in September, I'd join in a heart beat. Hopefully there's another meet in the future. If you guys plan any weekend trips before or after September, let me know.

However... Only having a tank bag (and backpack for in-city trips), doesn't make it easy to bring much gear along. I'm on the look out for used Givi gear. I think even just having a tank bag and trunk hard case would be enough?

6. Q-Dawg

Q-Dawg New Member

Europe? Nice!
    Norway is on my bucket list someday, along with the Alps.

As far as luggage for the longer trips, yeah a large tailbag (such as Ventura pack system) or Givi / Honda trunk, along with decent tank bag would probably do it as a minimum for trips of a few days. Longer than that, I would suggest additional luggage room. It tends to fill up quickly, but I always seem to pack too much, so what do I know.....?

If I can get out for one more overnighter to BC or something in Sept, I would welcome riding company.

Cheers;
    Q

7. precurse

precurse New Member

It should be fun. We're renting a car and driving from London -> Paris -> Monza (F1 race) -> Rome -> Prague -> Munich -> Amsterdam -> Paris and home.. It's going to be more of a "taste" of Europe so we'll know what we want to do more of next time. The Bones Church should be fun.

If you go somewhere in August or October (if it's not too cold), I can go. I'm gone all of September.

I think a few of us are planning on going to the Isle of Man for the TT race next year... Rent bikes there and try out the track. *crossing fingers*.

8. calvin86

calvin86 New Member

hello i live around red deer area and i got one of the first ones lol an 86 vfr 750 i usually try to ride as much as possible but there is no other vfr riders that i have seen and i dont ride with anyone really lol just by myself , which doesnt bother me but would be nice to cruise with a fellow rider :)

9. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    Edmonton VFR owners

I believe that there are hundreds of VFR's from all model years in Edmonton! Go to the Toy Run, or some other gathering and you'll be shocked at all of the nice machines around here. Just bought an 85 Interceptor. Hopefully we all can meet for a blast in 2013.

10. Gerrys02800

Gerrys02800 New Member

Motorcycle show will soon be here...... a month and a bit. Interesting to see the new bikes and hopefully it wont be -40.