EXHAUST FOR 87 VFR700F2

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by jpzclewis, Oct 24, 2004.

1. NorCalVFR

NorCalVFR New Member

http://www.davidsilversRe: EXHAUST FOR 87 VFR700F2

Hello:

This is great news; these are hard to find.

However, I've also found some others on the Web, but have not purchased. I simply thought I'd pass the info along, because I have been looking so long myself. If you go to: http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk and click on "Pattern Parts" and/or "BSM Exhaust," find your bike, you'll find interesting options. I have no idea what they sound like. Maybe they can send an MP3 (but I've not tried that myself).

Happy hunting!!!

2. Daelan-do

Daelan-do New Member

Hey Romey,

Well, the Yosh pipe? How'd it go. What's the details? Inquiring minds want to know........ I looked for a Yosh for a long time, but took what I could get. No complaints, though. I'll get some pics of mine soon.

Daelan-do.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I suppose the Euro spec black cans are not to be found anywhere any more? Mine sound amazing and look great on the bike, but have been scraped up by a couple drops from the previous owner. I'd love to replace them with another set. Any ideas on where/if I can find them?

If I can't do that, then I might consider putting the stock cans back on :-( I have them in the box still from 86 with 2kms on them.

Wal

4. ichi

ichi New Member

is there any kind of a full exhaust system (like a yoshi) that fits on the 87 vfr? I would like to replace mine eventually.

5. 2pearlVFRs

2pearlVFRs New Member

after 19 years on stock cans, I found that stock Honda cans from a VTR1000 SuperHawk work fine. right size, correct angles, sub-frame mounts are in the right place ... just a couple cuts in the right places on the connectors, a 1.5" tube insert, a bead of permatex to seal, and clamp with a SS hose clamp. looks much nicer with in polished stainless than the satin finsihed stock cans. sound is slightly deeper. no rejetting needed. best part: they are cheap! get a pair from a VTR owner moving to aftermarket cans.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  6. RogerRamjet

RogerRamjet New Member

Thanks for the info. I'm restoring my 86 and I want to pull the stock cans for something a little louder. There are few things that sound better than this V4 when you let it breathe a little.

7. vfromey

vfromey New Member

Canada
    Map
    it's been a while! yosh slip on is sweet! always get compliments on the unique vfour growl. had a mechanic do the job, it was a pain in the arse getting the stock collectors out but they came off. had to loose the centre stand as well which kinda bites but i think its well worth it.

[​IMG]