Exhaust options...

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by CRFan1, May 14, 2020.

1. dhinson66

dhinson66 New Member

United States
    Map
    That's a nice looking pipe. How does it sound?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2. DJ Animal

DJ Animal New Member

United States
    Map
    I personally love it, without the baffle in it has a nice deep throaty sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhinson66 likes this.
  3. VFRIRL

VFRIRL New Member

Ireland
    Map
    I have want to get an end can, that delkevic looks great, I wonder how that high level would work with panniers on?

4. NIBBLER

NIBBLER New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Hi VFRIRL
    They look the business in my opinion. Stainless steel and appear to be very well gas flowed with neat welds. However I had a struggle to get the headers to fit. They do offer a help line if you get into a bit of bother for what its worth. Unless you are very handy with the spanners and access to an engineering shop it might be better to go for another make. My bike is going to be fitted with a power commander in the near future, when I can get out of the house, England has just gone into a 1 month lock down. I'll post the results when its done.

pi-on and VFRIRL like this.
  5. jukka.urhonen

jukka.urhonen New Member

Finland
    Hi! First, sorry my bad english. I Write my first time here. I 've just ordered highlevel stainless full exhaust system from black widow to my 99. Haven't get it yet. Bike is stock (I done just pair + flappervalve plock) sweden model, now in Finland, and with o2 sensors. I think it runs about ok without jumpy and there's not so bad black spots. And its economy also, usually under 5L/ 100 km, (not trackdays). What you think about o2 sensors, should i put them in new headers. How will it with new exhaust run, maybe lean, and what o2 sensors do in that case? What o2 sersors block with 330 resistors do to economy? How black widow headers usually fit?, did't order delkevic cause i' read about probs with them fitting.

Lähetetty minun SM-A750FN laitteesta Tapatalkilla

6. VFRIRL

VFRIRL New Member

Ireland
    Map
  7. VFRIRL

VFRIRL New Member

Ireland
    Map
    My 98-99 model does not have 02 sensors or a CAT in the exhaust, that's why I didn't bother doing the pair valve mod on my bike, but I done the flapper and snorkle mods and I like the induction sound better now,
    on your bike if you had 02 sensors before I think you'd need them still but someone with more knowledge than me will hopefully chime in.
    I've used Delkevic on other bikes and had no issues with them, Black Widow are rebranded from Sandy Bike Spares which were Chinese junk.
    Welcome to the forum from Ireland.

8. jukka.urhonen

jukka.urhonen New Member

Finland
    Thanks! I have read so much usefull from here.
    I saw at hayness book wiring diagram, that germany and sweden 99 models have o2 sensors, have it cat also, I don't know.
    Yes, I took snorkel out also, but just rode bike so little to wait for spring. What does pair, flapper and snorkel make chance, lets see next season. And new exhaust is winters job also.
    Are these Black Widow exhausts chinese, I did't know, I visited their fb-sites, and believed that customers are pleased their products. And collector seems good flowing(in pictures, to my eyes).

That's what I've ordered. https://www.blackwidowexhausts.co.u...350mm-gp-round-stainless-silencer-25408-p.asp

9. w3bdevil

w3bdevil New Member

Finland
    Map
    Nice to see a fellow Finnish VFR rider here, welcome to the forum. I've had my '99 for a couple of years now (originally imported from Belgium so no O2 sensors/CAT) and I mainly took the PAIR system off because first of all the valves were so dirty with carbon that it was most likely not working anyway. I noticed absolutely no change but taking it off saves some space (and weight but only very little). Bought PAIR block-off plates from Ebay.

10. jukka.urhonen

jukka.urhonen New Member

Finland
    Hey w3bdevil! i changed my nickname. I was supposed to write here when I read everything you have done on your bike. Nice job! I've read about your trackdays too.

i have only had a bike for a little over a year. Little over 6000 km last summer. And visited 5 times at Alastaro, just beginner, and is scheduled to visit more often next year. I live in Turku, so Alastaro is nearest track.