FirstGear Mesh-Tex 3.0 Jacket

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by wcsjr1, Jul 23, 2009.

1. wcsjr1

wcsjr1 New Member

I purchased the FirstGear Mesh-Tex Jacket a couple of weeks ago. I have an inexpensive gray Moto GP mesh jacket but was looking for a brighter color so bought the new jacket in DayGlo/Black. It has a tighter mesh than the Moto GP so may not be as cool but it is a much better made jacket.

I had been looking at this jacket online and then as luck would have it ran into a co-worker who was wearing it. I tried his on for fit and chose the next larger size, a large. This jacket must be discontinued because several places had it on sale, New Enough and Competition Accessories. My dealer agreed to match the price ($80 + tax) but could only get the Large DayGlo in Long which fortunately fits me great. This is the best fitting motorcycle jacket I have out of four. With the liner this may work out to be a three season jacket. Competition Accessories has the red and blue for under $70.

The hottest it has been so far this summer is probably low 90s. It does not flow as much air as the Moto GP but so far it is serving me well. I suspect it will be warm in the high 90s and low 100s so I may keep the Moto GP just for those days. I'll see when I hit a hot day.

Bottom line is I like the jacket and recommend it as a low cost mesh jacket. Wearing the DayGlo color there is no excuse not to see me now. Well except the old guy tonight that figured my lane was big enough for both of us. One of these days I'm going to get a real horn.

2. ewryly

ewryly New Member

Thanks for the review. This stuff is expensive enough it is always nice to get a good review before buying.