Giday all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by calum burgess, Jul 18, 2014.

1. calum burgess

calum burgess New Member

New Zealand
    Map
    I've been meaning to do this for a while but you know how it is these days to much other stuff happening. Started riding back in '73'on a old Honda CB350 which dad and I repainted using spray cans,dad did an awesome job.Since then I've had a lot of bikes but 3 still stand out. In the middle to late 70's I bought a 1974 Laverda 750SF2 a magic bike compared to the jap stuff at the time and more reliable than other Italian products. Then came a 1977 Laverda 1000 jota by slaters in England,the whole time I owned it I kept wishing I was back in NZ with it.Next came a 1975 Laverda 1000 3c with the jota exhaust system, this one I had for a while here in NZ.After that it was back on to jappers again though they handled better now. The bike I had before this one was a 1995 Yamaha TRX850 Japanese Ducati. Had the front and rear suspension upgraded with racetech parts,K&N filter and cycleworks stainless mufflers and a Dyno jet kit for the carbs.This was a magic bike in the same vein as the 750 laverda of my youth.Then 6or7 years ago I bought my Vfr800 and love it, won't know what to replace it with now that the cams aren't gear driven any more.I have done the flapper mod,fitted a K&N filter, had the standard back shock rebuilt using racetech parts, what a difference.The back shock before this was hydraulic locking on bad roads especially up around the Coromandel. When the shock was apart the suspension guy Mark Patterson couldn't see how the shim stack was working. All the oil flow was going through the relief valve.I've recently had him upgrade the front forks. Fitted 90kg racetech springs and had the compression and rebound parts replaced with suspensiontech a NZ made equivalent of racetech but a bit cheaper.Also just fitted a Delkavic 14" stainless muffler as well sounds real nice.So I think I've said enough now,but am hoping to meet up with some NZ members soon.
    P1030139.jpg P1030143.jpg

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  2. Arnzinator

Arnzinator New Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome! Interesting seat cover.

3. calum burgess

calum burgess New Member

New Zealand
    Map
    Thanks.The seat cover is sheep skin. You can buy taylor made sheep skin seat covers through the bike shops here in NZ,