Good God!!! Hit by a cager today.

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by JBzRed07, Jan 9, 2009.

1. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

Thanks Randy. I don't know what this guy was thinking? I was almost through the intersection when the far right side of his front bumber came in contact with the rear-right-side and wheel of my bike. This guy saw me; I really believe he was being a smart ass - trying to see just how close he could get to the bike without actually hitting it. The majority of our drivers here in the New Orleans metro area are asshole drivers, and I am almost convinced that this dude ranks high among them.

We're going to let the lawyers handle this one.

2. Comicus

Comicus New Member

United States
    Map
    That sucks buddy glad your ok...I guess he was trying to make the early bird special at Denny's. I had a blue hair look strait at me and wave me through and as I started through the intersection he just took off and almost hit me.

3. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    I am glad you are walk away.....Hopefully you get your bike bake soon. Watch out for the insurance company, They will try to screw you. Take care

4. PARedVFRRider

PARedVFRRider New Member

I'm glad you came out of it ok. the bike doesn't look so good though. Other than the cosmetic damage, I'm hoping your rear swingarm didn't take any damage at the bearings.

5. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

ExciteBike, Scubalong, PARedVFRRider; thanks felluz.

Pared, the swingarm was definitely a main concern of the mechanic at dealership. They are going to really probe the bike to see what extensive but unseen damage might show up once they dig deeper.

Scubalong, I can sure understand where you're coming from regarding insurance companies. You have to seriously watch those folks.

ExciteBike, thanks man; I can still see the bumper of that car heading right at me, then the next thing I remember is just staring at the pavement while on my hands an knees. Just keeps on playing over and over in my head. There is no way that he couldn't see me, I was the only big-azzed object occupying most of his road visibility. I wonder if he stops for bicycles and pedestrians, or just dodges his car at them too, expecting them to get right out of his way? That's how I am looking at this whole thing; that just maybe his normal driving actions didn't quite work out in his favor this time around.

6. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map

You know, I am not a violent man. But I would definately support some sort of corporal infliction on this maggot if you were able to prove this. And to a substantial degree, I am indiferent about lawyers. But in this case, I really hope a certain lawyer representing a certain VFR Scooter Hooter is utmost successful.

7. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map

Love this. And I though I was the only one that called them this. But careful Bud. Mine is starting to get that distinctive glow too

8. HondaTech

HondaTech New Member

Don't think for a second it is limited to the greater New Orleans area!

9. nmutaka

nmutaka New Member

Nigeria
    We do that sometimes in Nigeria...

10. 300shooter

300shooter New Member

Glad your ok, man these cagers are gettin brutal. Where I live there are thousands of new immigrants that completely don't give a s%6t about anyone else, between there freakin phones and ipod's it's scary here. I've been hit in my Silverado 4 times in the last year, rear ended every time, never hard but damn, then they get out and claim they don't speak english or say it wasn't their fault. long as there's no damage to my truck I give their car a couple boots, scream at 'em to pay a freakintention and leave 'em starin' at the mess of fluids on the pavement, let them explain to their insurance and the police, half of em are driving without licenses or insurance anyway.

11. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    You must live in Kenora

12. 300shooter

300shooter New Member

Worse Randy, Windsor, you can probably imagime it. Hey , if you want Pickerel, I can see about shipping some out there, spring is just around the corner and i usually end up giving away lots, you're right though . it is the best, aside from yellow perch. I just put a batch of salmon on this morning for sushi, that's why i like that so much. if you ever get to this end of the country we'll have go wet a line and toss a couple suds.

13. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Perch is good. Small and boney but good. Bones are small enough I often just eat them too. Soakin a milk/egg bath, roll in flour, Salt & Pepper then fried in butter with toast and beer. Winnipeg Gourmet Dinner. I would like to take you up on the offer of the Pickerel but they would likely be less than fresh when they got out here.

BTW. Windsor is car town is it not? It must be hurt'n a bit right now.

14. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map

If you look at the map of the border south of Kenora, you will realize that the Americans did not get quite enough of the land there before settling on the bondary lines. Maybe we can sell Kenora to Minnesota. I mean they did buy Alaska didn't they?

15. btay67

btay67 New Member

Map
    Well, here is another wish for a speedy recovery for you and your bike. I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune and mishaps like this are what worry me about riding. It seems impossible to read and understand what the other drivers thoughts and motives are sometimes. Hopefully he just didn't see you and wasn't really trying to see how close he could get to you. Stupid drivers and games....

16. soundmaster31

soundmaster31 New Member

glad you're ok. Michigan is truly treacherous this time of year as well as only the bravest souls ride when the weather breaks(or stupid?...nah, I'll keep brave for my sake). Keep us updated on the legal bits.

17. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

TOTALED

God, am I bummed out! Every time I walk into the garage, and not see my bike parked there anymore just pizzes me off to no end! Then I just received my first edition of some Honda Red magazine since purchasing the bike. Reminders are all over this house!

I AM GOING TO GET ANOTHER BRAND NEW 6TH-GEN! THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  18. DANIMAL

DANIMAL New Member

JB,

Yeah I kind of figured that would happen. Go get those Pazzos off of it and put the OEM's back on. you won't have to buy a new set for the new bike. when you get it. just a thought. Still glad you are OK. Are you gonna get another red one?

19. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

Howdy Dan!

They're gonna eat those Pazzo's. Can you believe that I've already gone through two levers? The second clutch lever got all banged up too. Maybe I ought to switch brands or something? LOL! I'm doing better, thanks. Other than stress damage to a hip tendon and managing a big ole egg-shaped bruise by my knee, I figure I should be ok.

As for a new bike, I would sure like to get another red one, but they are becoming harder to find regionally. If I can't locate one nearby, then I'll just copy off of Joe and go with a Sword Silver '08. I dread having to go through the dealer haggling again, but oh well. I'd really like to go through Boyce Honda, but I'll just have to wait and see what kind of price I can get from them. With the economy as shaky as it is, maybe both dealer and I can both get a fair deal.

Good hearing from you Bro! Thanks again.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  20. RedMenace

RedMenace New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Glass half full!

Had a similar ejection from a Harley/Douche hitting my rear wheel on a group ride. Have similar slow motion memories of separating from the cycle and skidding. (When my head bounced, I remember every micro-second. I was wondering, "What the f@#$ was that?! Wow, this is wild! Wonder what I'm going to hit next? Oh, I think that was Dave that hit me. I wonder if it was Tommy? Where did this dirt and gravel come from? Nice ditch. Can I stay in this long grass for a while? I guess its a late lunch, now" All in the span of less than a second)
    I look on it now as a learning experience.
    My gear saved me! Not from death. Could have been in an emergency room, lost work for over 2 weeks, and been really scared to get back on that bitch.
    Full face helmet, and Kevlar got me out of the ditch and walking over to see if everyone was ok. Cop was very cool. They're not all jack-asses, folks.
    ATGATT!