Good pricing for a NEW/USED VFR 1200FA

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by BLACKCRyUS, Jan 30, 2013.

1. BLACKCRyUS

BLACKCRyUS New Member

Map
    What's going on with everyone in the VFR world! I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on a good price for a NEW/USED VFR 1200FA. I say NEW/USED because it's the dealers only one in their inventory and it's a demo no less. It has about 840 miles on it and the asking price is $12,499. Is this a reasonable price? I've scoured every website and cycle trader to find a better deal with no luck in my area with a search spread of 50 miles from my zip. I really want this VFR as this will be an upgrade to my 800. Good advice appreciated if possible.

2. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    To me, that seems way high. In addition to that, it is a used bike. Last year, they were giving new ones away in the $9K - $10K range. I think you could do much better online for a new one and have the bike shipped. Shipping usually runs upwards of $600.

3. jugornot

jugornot New Member

United States
    Map
  4. Mohawk

Mohawk New Member

Oops, nearly replied no such thing as a good VFR1200, but then noticed I misread it & you only want a good price. Free would be my estimate of a good price for the ugly duckling gas guzzler :wink: Sorry just had too :potstir:

5. white_335i

white_335i New Member

For a used VFR/Demo, I would not spend any more than 10K. There are still a few 2010's sitting at the dealer. You can negotiate a good price on them.

6. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    If I'm not mistaken, the 2012 had some updates to it for some known issues with the 2010. If you're looking to spend that kind of money, then I'd be looking at the newer bike. Check the 7th Gen forum as I think the differences have been covered already.

7. Robclo

Robclo New Member

Canada
    Map
    Last fall the dealer in Ottawa was asking $12,900 for the new 2010's and $10,900 for the demo's, they had a few that had between 4 & 6K. I picked up one of the demo's and they gave me over a thousand more for my trade then anyone else would. They said Honda was giving them a $5000 incentive that ended in January.