Greetings, 2009 VFR

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by georgealm27, Apr 13, 2009.

1. georgealm27

georgealm27 New Member

Hello all,

I've been posting on the forums for a week or two now but I figured a proper intro was in order, and I finally got around to taking a pic of my 2 week old 2009 murdered out VFR! woot.

fyi I have a zero grav Double bubble dark smoke windscreen on the way, and im leaning towards the two bros v.a.l.e. carbon fiber exhaust customized with black tips. I think I may change the handle bar ends to black or carbon fiber as well. Should look real nice once its all on there
    -sry for the weird look of the front, I was too lazy to get the key to unlock the front wheel.

Anyways, this will be my second bike, and second Honda. I used to have a `96 F3 (red/wht/blk color scheme) for about 3 riding seasons before I finally sold it back in `04 or `05. So the past 2 weeks Ive been shaking the 4/5 year rust off.

FYI - I'm located around the lower left half of the Beltway that goes around Washington DC, or zip 22310. I'd love to get together with some of you in the near future and do a group ride somewhere. I'll try and keep an eye on the VA riders thread; i also joined the mid atlantic group on this forum as well. Feel free to email/pm me.

Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

2. ken98043

ken98043 New Member

Welcome nice bike

3. Mainjet

Mainjet New Member

United States
    Map
    Nice looking bike, I like the blackout look. Carbon pipes will look very nice. I sound like Borat now?

4. White Chocolate

White Chocolate New Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome and nice bike I also like how they turned a few parts black on the new 09's.

5. soundmaster31

soundmaster31 New Member

ooooooooooh man...I might have to get a 2009 now. The blackout looks siiiiiiiick(that's cool for you old guys lol). I'd black the bar ends, pegs, dark smoke windscreen, Staintune's, a Sargent seat, probably redo the suspension a la Ohlin's / Race Tech(fat ass here)and get rid of the bicycle reflectors and call it gooooooooood.

6. VFRShorty

VFRShorty New Member

Welcome to the site! Man that bike rivals the RWB for sexyness, but RWB still beats it out. I am pretty biased though. :tongue:

Congrats on the purchase though, hopefully someone posts up here soon for you to go riding with. It is always a hoot getting to meet fellow VFRWorlders in person.

7. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Congrats on the new ride and welcome. Hmm isn't this the first 09 model owner here in VFRW? if so, double props to ya..

8. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    murdered out, gangster.:biggrin: the fork leg reflectors gotta go. also a fender eliminator is in order...
    PS when you do get around to the exhaust, get the black version of the exhaust wrap to complete the murk'd out look. when its all done it will look ill, (thats means sick for you old folks... lol)

9. 300shooter

300shooter New Member

Can't forget the black Pazzo's, Black Throttlemiester's, Black Kanadian Ken fender eliminator........................

10. monk69

monk69 New Member

Welcome.....Your bike looks great (with the exception of that sticker on top of your fuel tank),injoy the miles of riding.....Monk

11. K1W1

K1W1 New Member

Map
    Black Rizoma bar end weights would look awesome! Not sure if they do rear sets for VFRs but they would look very cool too (as they come in black too!) Oh and lose the rear passenger pegs too if you don't plan on riding two up

12. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    +1
    yeah i think all the stickers in general need to go... tank, chain-gaurd, frame(at least relocated)
    it seems the overall consensus is as minimalist and black as possible... lol

13. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    Welcome aboard.

14. georgealm27

georgealm27 New Member

I didnt knwo what pazzo's were but I googled and found em. They look pretty good :)

thanks

15. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    Yes! Very nice bike! (That mean "sick".) Welcome to the Forum! I have always liked black and especially, ALL black. I was one of the first to do that to a bicycle. I customized an all black Cannondale WAAAAAAY before they got with the program and offered one with black components. I removed all the alloy components and anodized them (the company that did the anodization wasn't thrilled when I forgot to remove the bearing races from the Campy hubs...blew the anodization bath apart and shot a hole in someone else's part!).

16. MrDen

MrDen New Member

Very nice looking bike. Welcome to the madness that is the world of the awesome VFR!

17. Marley Davidson

Marley Davidson New Member

Map
    Wellcome George!

18. deepdish

deepdish Banned

purgatory.........................................
    ahhhhh thats cool blacked out swing arm as well....maybe you can get passenger pegs blk powder coated, black sproket..:thumbsup: