Greetings + Pro Arm Conversion

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by Oakley_burn, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Oakley_burn

Oakley_burn New Member

Hello All.
    Just joined the forum and am a proud owner of a 1989 vfr750 fj in metallic black.
    As always i have looked everywhere on the net for an assembled parts diagram but to no avail. Anyone got any ideas to point me in the right direction?
    Also, does anyone know if the pro arm rear assembly can be fitted to my 89 fj model? Has anyone done this already? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phil

2. waldrm

waldrm New Member

SSS conversion

Phil given a big enough hammer, almost anything can be fitted. In your case, the critical dimension is the width of the existing swinging arm in the frame. I have an extra Pro Arm in my garage; I will measure it to see the width and let you know what it is.

3. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    Hi Phil, welcome to the group. ronayers.com and bikebandit.com both have online microfiches. Not sure that is what you are looking for though.

4. Oakley_burn

Oakley_burn New Member

Hi guys.

thanks for the replies. on the microfiches, was more concerned about internal engine assembly and valve clearances etc.

i work for the airforce so big hammers aren't a problem!!!

phil