Hard Bag help for BMW convert

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by cyclescha, Feb 6, 2004.

1. cyclescha

cyclescha New Member

I am a new VFR convert, just purchased a 98 which is replacing a BMW R1100RS. The Honda is a superior bike in every department, save one, hard bags.

Can anyone recommend the Givvi or the Corbin bags?
    Am I right that the Hondaline Bags won't fit a 98?
    Any good looking and functional soft bags that anyone likes?

Thanks for any help.

Scha

2. mtradtke

mtradtke New Member

I own an '02 VFR and am pretty sure the Hondaline bags are only for '02-Present models. I have heard good things about all Givi products, especially the hard bags.

Michael

3. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

I would definitely go with the Givi bags. Their quality and fit and finish are second to none. They are with out a doubt the best motorcycle luggage makers around. The Hondaline Bags for the 02's are actually produced by Givi. I plan on picking up a set when I can set aside the cash. Until then, I will make do with my Cortech soft bags. Another bit of food for thought, Corbin has gone bankrupt at least once that I know of. Their customer service blows, which is exactly why I bought a Sargent World Sport seat and not the Corbin Gunfighter.

Hworth
    Check out:
    AZMOTORSPORTS.COM
    they have EVERYTHING you could possible need for a Givi bag set up, including pictures of the bike with bags installed. They also give a 10% to members of this website.

4. Tourmeister

Tourmeister New Member

Howdy,

GIVI all the way!! They are very sturdy and durable. Mine have NEVER leaked. The wingrack II and E50 have survived two lowspeed crashes on different VFRs and suffered no damage. I got the matte black finish. If it gets scuffed, a little snading makes it look new. They WILL get scuffed. You will bang them into walls, the bike, knock them over on the ground, etc,... painted ones will look purty when new but won't last long ;) I have been using GIVI for about 100K miles now and love them!

Adios,