Heads Up on eBay Aftermarket Levers

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by BASFjon, Jun 8, 2009.

1. BASFjon

BASFjon New Member

[​IMG]

Recently bought a set of Black Powdercoated Levers to match my new Paint Scheme on my Bars and Master Cylinders for my '07. I went to eBay for theirs. Seems several sellers offer this same aftermarket brand. I believe they come from an Italian Manufacturer. I PM'd several of them with no response on the manufacturer. However at just under $30 shipped, I decided to pick up a pair because I couldn't locate anything through the dealership I normally buy from that were in Black. The Seller was Planet Bolts.

Got them in - the powdercoat finish is nice!! Installed them, something was immediately noticeable - the length was shorter. Seems they are about 5/8" shorter then the OEM Version. This is actually not too bad after I got used to it - but I was kinda miffed at first!! The Adjusters are also a little off. Whereas before I had my adjusters set to full back, these are set to 3 clicks forward. But I really can't see anyone going past 4 clicks. Other then that they work really well. A tad bit loose in the cast mount as far as rocking it up and down - but not bad. And the Clutch Adjuster receiving peice on the lever side with the double-sided arrow, it is sunk down a little bit - but it doesn't bother me.

I've seen them listed in Silver, Chrome, Black and Carbon Fiber Look Finishes.

Figured if someone was looking for replacements, this would be a good resource to look for a review.

...Another thing, these levers are supposedly the same as the VTR1000 and the 5th and 6th Gens are intercahngeable. This was bought for a 6th Gen.

2. Craig in Alabama

Craig in Alabama New Member

Me too!

I have a set of these as well, and I think they are well worth the money. They look better than the stock aluminum ones on my '95 too!
    Cheers!

Craig :smile: