Helmet Hanger?

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by perseverantist, Feb 21, 2016.

1. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    I am not sure if the under seat set up is the same on the 8th Gen but on my 6th gen there is a simple but effective helmet fastening system. You just unlock and remove the seat which will reveal a curly metal contraption which you can use to secure the helmet strap to, and then refit the seat and take the key. (Obviously only attach the helmet through the triangle section of straps riveted to the helmet or someone can simply unclip and walk off with your helmet.)

Like others, personally I never use a helmet tether. As others have said there are far too many low life around - including a few years back a couple of drunks who were videoed outside a railway station who decided to relieve themselves in a helmet tethered to a parked motorbike.

If you really need to carry/store a spare helmet, I think most helmets will just fit inside the standard Honda 35 litre pannier. Take the helmet to a dealer and test it if you are not sure as the 8th Gen low level exhaust means one of the panniers is a lot smaller. If your helmet is too large then you may need to consider fitting the full size 45 litre Honda top box. The standard top box on my 6th gen can easily hold two full face helmets gloves and a spare jacket and alternatively provides useful secure dry storage for lots of beer.

SkiMad

2. saceur

saceur New Member

Thailand
    Map
    It's not that we live in shitty parts but more that there are shitty asshats that think it's funny to swipe a helmet for shits and giggles.

Although the 8th gen version is usable, I still prefer the 6th gen version because you could easily ride with that spare helmet before or after a 2up adventure. Still planning on converting my 8th gen to my old 6th gen set up but I've just been too lazy to work on it.

Yup, some asshat recently stole my veteran's plates :confusion:

3. tangaroa39

tangaroa39 New Member

4. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    I just put mine in my clip on Wolfman tank bag that is big enough to fit it in. I also have my phone, Ipad and USB adapter and clear glasses and sunglasses as well in it. I take it with me when I get off the bike and while on it a good big tank bag carries a 12pk of Squatters full Suspension pale ale just fine on the way home!;-) If you need Ice and shit for Nacho's put on the Soft Saddle Bags.;-)

5. OOTV

OOTV Insider

So I was browsing the web and I found this little gem. Although they tailor it to the HD crowd I don't see why it wouldn't work for a sport bike...

[video=youtube_share;gAY5aPc7Lzs]http://youtu.be/gAY5aPc7Lzs[/video]

6. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    Great advice on using a drop of blue lock tite. lol

7. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    Only time I lost a helmet was when it was cut off when I used the D-Ring to lock it. More of a "labor" dispute than theft. Now I use a wire loop through the visor opening.