Here were go again... Skully helmets.

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by REVTMOLO, Oct 23, 2018.

1. REVTMOLO

REVTMOLO New Member

United States
    Map
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  2. FJ12rydertoo

FJ12rydertoo Member

United States
    Map
    The price I saw was $1900 not $1500. I guess if you have lots of disposable income that much money doesn't
    really matter. I just look at what I can do with over $1000 instead. I buy a helmet to protect my head if I fall
    down, the gadgetry is simply not that important, especially not a $1000 important.

3. cat0020

cat0020 Trumper

United States
    Map
    Is it me or heads-up display with cell phone connectivity just more distraction to the rider?
    I don't even wear headphones when I ride my motorcycle or scooter..

$1500 a helmet.. that's about as much as I paid for my last motorcycle purchase.

4. REVTMOLO

REVTMOLO New Member

United States
    Map

Ah! Sorry! I was basing that price on ourdated information!

You are correct. it is $1900 but hey... the shipping is free. o_O

5. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    My Sena is about as much gadgetry that I want in my helmet. This helmet, if it ever makes it to the market, will find a few followers but I don't think they will take a huge percentage of the market. When I bought my 2003 GMC, Heads Up Display was the only option I did not get in that truck. Just about did, but thought for what they wanted for it, I would never get that much use out of it. And if it broke, I am sure I would be remortgaging the house to get it fixed.

The camera in the back. I do fine with the mirrors, unless what you are wanting is the ability to record what is happening back there. Then I think the GoPro is the way to go for that. I've considered one of those too but I don't think I would get my money's worth of enjoyment out of that either.

I do listen to music that is blue toothed from my phone to my Sena. I also like the ability to receive a phone call. It is very easy to use. Have to pull over to the roadside to make a call though.

I wish him luck regardless. That is decent of him to try to honour the commitments previously made by the original thief....owner.

6. Eagle Six

Eagle Six New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm way too busy paying attention to the driving part when I'm riding to take advantage of a heads up display. I don't take or make calls when I'm driving a cage or the bike. I don't listen to music. I think a heads-up display may be useful if the information was displayed in the right spot, the right size, with limited information, but I have managed without it for over 50 years of riding. I'm sure I could spend that $1900 bucks on other riding safety gear.

7. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Damn! and I thought paying $550 for my last helmet was pricey!!! Like a lot of things, stuff like HUDS and rear view cameras just takes some getting use to, if it's not your thing, then it's not your thing. I had a loaner car this past week and it had a backup camera, even with that available, I still backed up using the turn your head method and even after about four days of using the car, I still never really relied on the camera. Some habits are hard to break, I did like the SirriusXM radio and navigation though, sure helped with the long drive and places we went to sight see.

Personally I don't need it and I'm sure I don't want it but there are some folks who do and if that floats their boat, so be it.

Eagle Six likes this.