Honda extension or Dublle Bubble?

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by Rocker66, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Rocker66

Rocker66 New Member

I have been considering fitting the genuine Honda touring screen extension. However I have read reports that say that this throws water on to the riders visor when riding in rain. The alternative would be to fit an aftermarket dubble bubble screen. Has anyone ridden with either of these options? If so your comments would be most welcome

2. Keager

Keager Member

United States
    Map
    I've got the Zero Gravity DB on my bike now. I don't think it's quite aggressive enough to throw a lot of wind, as behind the big trucks I still can feel a lot of wind. With nothing in front of me, it seems to do a better job. As low as I can get I can still feel the wind blowing on the back of my head.

3. alang

alang New Member

Map
    ZG doesn't list a screen for the VFR1200. They e-mailed me they were working on it.
    I don't like the looks of the Puig screen for the VFR1200.

4. interceptorrider

interceptorrider New Member

The Puig is ugly, plus the guy is a twat. I am waiting for the Zero Gravity double bubble. They advised me to expect it done by the end of March. I have put ZG's dbl bbl's on all my bikes since 2000. They are well made and always complement the looks of the bike. Good company. Made in America.

Never Give Up!

5. Twitchy at times

Twitchy at times New Member

Map
    Had a ZG DB on my 5th gen and found it a little annoying for high speed buffeting (maybe my upper torso length?).
    Hey, Interceptorrider, how come I see a yellow 5th gen when I click on your photo's section? ( I was interested in seeing the RWB 800 you've indicated that you have for sale).

PM me if you like. Thanks.

Joe

6. interceptorrider

interceptorrider New Member

I guess I haven't updated that in a while. The RWB is in the garage. I haven't even ridden my 1200 yet and it still lives at the dealer in PA. After I ride the 1200 home and love it, I will decide to sell the RWB. I'm just waiting for the weather to break. I bought the 1200 for a steal online last December. When I do love the 1200, I will put the 800 up here first. I love the 800 as well, but, I made such a good buy on the 1200, it would be worth the risk if I prefer the 800. Either way, I will have a VFR for safe next month. Thanks for the interest.

Never Give Up!