Honda VFR Accessories in Japan

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by nozzle, Aug 5, 2007.

1. alowishus

alowishus New Member

United States
    Map
    F'er,

I totally agree on the comparison to the factory BMW grips. My 03 K1200GT had 'em and while they were nice, it had 2 settings - "Not Hot Enough" and "Really F'in Hot!"

These grips have enough settings to do the trick. I do like 'em better than the stock BMW grips!

alow

2. goinphaster

goinphaster New Member

My pleasure guys. I'm not quite suffering yet, so I haven't had the motivation to put them on. I can wait as long as required just because I'm greedy and want as much "good" riding time as I can get.

3. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    Observations after a few days:

* the grip diameter is a little larger than stock. Makes the bike feel larger, but I have small hands. :redface:
    * the hottest setting is seemingly only for cooking bacon (although I have yet (Sept 29!) to ride with the temp below 55 F - global warming may make this a unneeded investment :eek: )
    * although there are 3 LEDs, there seems to be 5 settings as I cycle through from 3 to 2.5 (top LED dims) down to none. More settings :thumb: I like the "pop-tart" setting
    * the LEDs are bright enough that I may move it off the handlebar down to the fairing to get them out of my field of view. :cool: The bright red lights get my attention as that usually means bad things when they come on like the idiot lights in the car. They should be yellow IMHO.

They work great.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  4. f'er

f'er New Member

kinda negative post huh? you will appreciate the "fry bacon" setting when you ride in Jan/Feb like we do out here. windchill factor when going 75 mph during a clear, crisp 45 degree January day makes me believe this will be a welcome setting. as far as red vs. yellow lights, you may have a minor point but they are tiny compared to the idiot lights. IMHO. i wouldn't change anything.

5. jerry 1 a b

jerry 1 a b New Member

I've been riding 85 miles one way to school in the morning. Although this last week has been warm, there were several days before that that had me appreciating the 'fry bacon' setting. Another thing that I've noticed... they seem to go into like a standby mode when you aren't moving for a certain amount of time. At least that's what it seems like. When I sit at a light long enough, the LED's flash, and then go solid once I start rolling again. So, what some of us spoke of in another post about draining the battery... I don't think it will be a problem. By the way, I've been wearing my Widder lectric vest too, and have had no problems yet.

6. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

Canada
    Map
    Hey guys, anyone still ordering or have a set kickin about.

It's been a little bit now, they still working nicely?
    Can anyone compare them to the stock ones via DSS and Hot Grips?