How Many 2007 RWB Were Made?

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by stewartj239, Aug 26, 2007.

1. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    I don't know why Honda did that, but starting in 1986, The Interceptor was also branded as VFR. The two words are interchangeable.

2. 84cb700sc

84cb700sc New Member

Just got my RWB 25th. I love this bike and I am #053. First post.

3. jackinthebox4

jackinthebox4 New Member

Map
    has James Bond (# 007) come forward yet?

or is that bike on a secret mission in Afganistan?

I have agent #041 from December, 2006.

4. sssnakeyes

sssnakeyes New Member

Map
    have loaded some pics up.. hope they help

5. 84cb700sc

84cb700sc New Member

Someone should create a registry for the RWB bikes to see how many are out there? Or is there one?

6. simihondajoe

simihondajoe New Member

Ive got number 1165 sitting in my showroom right now. anybody want it?

7. machedice

machedice New Member

Map
    I recently purchased one down under (Nov 07) had just come out and was sold as a Limited Edition down here. In South australia, I've yet to see another one on the road and could only find one dealer who supposedly had 2 of them, I bought the one on display not a demo. I understand froma friend there were a few more in the eastern states (New South Wales/Victoria). Anyway, to answer your question, I gather it's the last digits of the VIN and mine is just over 50,000.

8. lampman

lampman New Member

Map
    Rwb Vin

Just bought #185 ABS today.

9. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    Congratulations. You are truly going to love this bike.

10. Puma Cat

Puma Cat New Member

I've been venting about this for a week now....about why Honda is doing virtually no marketing of the VFR (at least in the USA). Especially when they had that beautiful 25th Anniversary Edition RWB model.

11. eddievalleytrailer

eddievalleytrailer Member

United States
    Map
    I rode the RWB to my local dealer today. All of the employees and all of the customers were checking it out. The customers were outside looking at it, and the employees were all looking out the windows. Mine was the only one they ever had, and they ordered it for me. They NEVER had one on the floor to sell. With all the attention it drew, I'm sure they could have sold several of them if they had one on the floor to sell.

12. lampman

lampman New Member

Map
    Dealer Experience

That's interesting. I couldn't find a brochure on the bike in West Palm Beach, FL. A friend of mine and I drove down to N Miami Rick Case Honda. They not only had brochures, but the sales rep gave me a VFR 25th Ann PIN. Nice touch. BTW they had 2 RWBs in the showroom one with hard cases. Yesterday I rode my 85 VF500F down there, 85 miles, and negotiated a deal. All the reps and a few customers were gawking at the baby interceptor. It was a definite hit. They still had the two RWBs, Eric said he pulled mine with ABS out of the crate last week. I test drove a trade-in 2006 they had. I was impressed, they are great bikes. I like having the most up to date technology and also the VF500 and even my antique 49 Indian Scout and Arrow. Now that's when bikes were bikes! Also restoring a 64 XLCH Sportster.
    :usa: Looking forward to putting some break in miles on the RWB Interceptor!!! :usa:

13. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    Mine was the same situation. The only one my dealer got is the one they ordered for me. When I showed up to pick it up, it was outside and was getting alot of attention. Inside the dealership, employees came up and would say, "you're the guy who ordered the VFR?" and they would then express what a great looking bike it is and ask why Honda doesn't sell more. I had to take it back a couple of months later because the rear shock had to be replaced (under warranty), and I received the same treatment from customers and staff. The 25th Anniversary VFR is not the "same old same old". I agree that Honda missed a big marketing opportunity with this bike.

14. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    lampman, I'm with you. I will never depart with my VF500F. I love that bike. As you can tell from my avatar, it is also my favorite bike in my stable.

15. lampman

lampman New Member

Map
    Took delivery broke it in right....

Picked up the RWB VFR800A this morning and drove it home. I went the long way up toward Lake Okeechobee and back by the sugar cane fields. 165 miles of bliss. Engaged VTEC a couple of times just to work it a little. It hit a buck 04 in the blink of an eye. I didn't push it. Ran into rain B4 I got home and did my first wash. The hard cases are really nice. You have to watch your boot getting off and on. The cases stick out pretty far. Not like the ST where they are really tight to the bike.

SJ- Here's a pic for you... My VF500

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

16. sssnakeyes

sssnakeyes New Member

Map
    I had the same treatment when i purchesed mine,ordered it in albury they said melb had a couple be 2 weeks delivery. 3 weeks later no bike, they finally sourced 1 in sydney, and told me melb dearler didnt want to sell them!! Mine is the only 1 in this reigon,didnt even spy 1 at the gp!!! enjoy it . I was told there were only 100 in aus and we would recieve a certificate with it.. Still havent seen mine...

17. JHKolb

JHKolb New Member

Having bought my RWB VFR in July, I too have been trying to find out exactly how "Limited" the Anniversary Edition really is (or isn't).

Researched the web with no success. Inquired at my local Honda dealer, also no luck, and they told me that they have no way to get production numbers on anything built by Honda except for Automobiles. The manager did tell me that if you are a stockholder, the annual report does not even list model unit breakdowns, just 1 number for all production which includes every scooter/atv/dirtbike/sportbike/etc. and that even the other manufacturers don't release their model quantity for any given year.

So, I went to Honda's web site and tracked down a phone number for Honda Powersports in CA, I spoke to a very nice lady that told me Honda internally does have these numbers but they are considered "propriatary" business information and that they do not release these numbers outside of Honda Management. She was very apologetic about me not being able to find this information but unfortunately not able to provide any information.

18. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

Canada
    Map
    What we need is to conduct a very thorough investigation... :wink:

Someone go to the factory in Japan and see how the bikes are being pumped out the assembly line, color wise.

I will put on my night vision goggles and scale the side of Honda's HQ and see if I can find some numbers. If I'm not back within an hour call for help. :spy: :photo:

19. VT Viffer

VT Viffer New Member

United States
    Map
    This is kind of interesting, because when I worked on tracking down how many 2005-2006 Saab 9-2x's there were (re-badged Subaru Imprezas/WRX's), GM readily supplied the information. Even was willing to give VIN breakdowns to determine month/year of production.

Wonder why Honda is so tight lipped? Oh, wait - they're their own company...:rolleyes:

20. Hawk296

Hawk296 New Member

I hope you have an 06 9-2X, as the EJ255 is much more fun than the EJ205 :tongue: