how to save your R/R

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by gll429, Nov 25, 2010.

1. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    huh... well as long as its not a glass mat or gell i guess you did the right thing.

2. Metallican525

Metallican525 New Member

Map
    Brand will make no difference in this case, it's battery type/design that Candy was asking about. Now I'm curious as to what would happen if you dumped h2o into an AGM....................other than it spilling out everywhere cause it's not really designed to contain liquid.................is the 5th gen battery at an angle like the 6th gen one is??????????

3. Mark 024

Mark 024 New Member

Australia
    Map
    Sorry dude, didnt know what you meant.
    It appears to be a flooded cell battery - I think.

4. Mark 024

Mark 024 New Member

Australia
    Map
    Thanks Metallican,
    The battery in the 5th Gen is pretty upright. I went and checked it after I read this and it held up well to the track day training I did on Fri. No spillage that I could see.

5. Metallican525

Metallican525 New Member

Map
  6. daveyto

daveyto New Member

That paste will turn to chalk in no time.

7. daveyto

daveyto New Member

Can we talk about the RR , Stator, etc and not about arguing about silly shit!!

Tink is one of the most helpful guys here GLL don't get too upset over him. He really means well and lets please talk about how we are going to solve the real problem with the bike pls...before that HTredneck dude shows up or Badbilly posts more useless crap to piss everybody off.

Sorry but I had too...and I am drinking now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    Which red neck are you refering too?

9. Metallican525

Metallican525 New Member

Map
    I'm back, who missed me, Davey?????

10. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    once upon a time there was a motorcycle. A HondaVFR800, and thi smotorcycle was sad. It was sad because its human owner couldn't make it run right. Oh, he tried and tried , but the more he tried the worse it seem to be. The man tried replacing the battery and that helped for a few days. Then the man finally got fed up and found an online forum called "VFRWorld". he logged on and registered a screen name, then went looking for some information. He found all kinds of neat stuff, from suspension upgrades, how to clean his carbs,(there was a lot of :bs: on this topic) to how to fix his broken fairings,this happened while he was on a ride and crashed on a left hand hairpin turn, the he found the topic that he was looking for Regulator/rectifier problems, he was so excited, he would have information about his problems. He started a thread on this neew forum , and waited a few hours. the first person that posted asked him about his problem and if he had amanual and that he should really get a manual before posting a thread ... The ssecond poster said pretty much the samething but added a goodluck. The third poster told him he needed a new R/R and a new wiring harness and also added that he would be labeled as a big huge turd if he didn't put a picture of his bike up for all to see. Being the polite guy that he was he said thanks to all that had posted and proceded to question what he had been told. The big bad warlock from the rocky mountains put up a post telling him that he didn't know what he was talking about and that his information and knowledge was :bs: as well as impuning his manhood. This was not exceptablethe man thought, he responded with a flurry of insults himself.. Back and forth the posted went , getting more violent s the days went on(for it was winter and riding season had come to an end) after putting up with the derogotory comments he decided that it just wasn't worth the energy to argue anymore, so he fixed his bike, put a for sale sign on it, once it sold he ran off and bought a Vespa and he now lurks on the vespa forums.(he doen"t post much there on account of them being to mean. meaner that the guys on the VFR forum.... any similarity to persons alive and breathing and on this forum was totally on purpose and if it hurts your feelings well toughen up your skin cause I wrote this with humor intended.... Meryy christmas to all and to all a good night!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crusty/crashy/smashy/ can't turn left/ or what ever any other variations are out there.....

11. daveyto

daveyto New Member

High tech redneck is his handle