I Feel Lucky

Discussion in 'USA - Southwest' started by ZonaMan, Jan 11, 2009.

1. ZonaMan

ZonaMan New Member

I was out for a second ride in two days this weekend (did about 350 mi.) and was just thinking about how I love Arizona in the winter, how beautiful the weather can be, and how lucky we are to have such scenic and much sought after curvy roads. If you know where to look, you can find them - they are there. Yesterday I rode curvy 83 south to the plains and rolling hills of Sonoita, then to bordertown Nogales, up I-19 to Arivaca road (25 miles of blind turns and elevation changes), down to Arivaca and back, up to Green Valley's Continental Road to Sahuarita, east to Houghton and north back to sprawling Rita Ranch. I've done this ride dozens of times, both ways, but I just felt something was uncommon about it today. Good times with a good riding buddy too.

Today I simply rode down to Patagonia and back on 83 and the curves on that road were as fun as always.

The next ride will be a curvy road I know about going from the tourist trap - Old Tucson Studios and out to Kinney road via Gates Pass. Always forget about it - it has to happen.

It was a good weekend.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  2. hondabill

hondabill New Member

United States
    Map
    Do the letters F O mean anything to you. jus kidn. its like 20 f'n deg. here in ohio

3. ZonaMan

ZonaMan New Member

Been there done that buddy. I grew up in Iowa; near the Quad Cities. Left when I was 19! :wink: