I Fucking bought an old Harley!

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Bubba Utah, Sep 11, 2017.

1. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map

Well done on finding out what happened Bubba.

2. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    So you dumping the harley now BU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Shit I forgot to order those!;-)

4. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Time will tell about "dumping" as in wrecking. I have dumped a couple of bikes (both Kawasaki GPz's wene young and dumber;-)) in this definition of "Dumping". Using the term as in selling the bike. She has "1" more chance over the next couple of years!;-)

5. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Thanks Allyance, When I see her Tuesday that is the first thing that I will do!:Sorry: But, will be stern in speaking to her about any other issues until she is older!:Crutch:I'm still pissed about the radiator cap failure being a year old technically. I think that I did find the issue, but maybe it was something else that blew both fuses? Again don't know much about electrical systems and possible causes other than a short.

6. vdrive

vdrive New Member

United States
    Map
    Bubba, lessons learned for you should be #1, DO NOT work on your bike when you are pissed ! you will just brake more stuff. #2 when working on your bike shut out the world around you so you don't forget to tighten ,secure ,route ,etc.#3when working on your bike treat her like a fine woman thats about to undress for you .#4 cut the dam ballasts out of your lights & go to home depot & buy some led replacement bulbs !!!!!!!!!!you will see things that you never saw before.ask me how i know .

Bubba Utah likes this.
  7. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    All is good, and I found out that for now I did not buy a Harley. Just a fickle bitch with a sometimes absent minded owner. Electrical system seems fine, Coolant was flushed and re flushed and filled with overpriced coolant. After market radiator cap is good and not replaced with another OEM per the techs decision. Thermostat checked out good. Levers are ergonomic to me now with a straight lines to my wrists. Thanks for that help to whomever posted the vids!
    Bottom line- taking it to the dealer did give me a bit of piece of mind, though it was there for most of the rest of good weather in Utah AND I FORGOT TO TAKE THE FRICKEN TIDY TAIL TO THEM WHEN I HAD IT THERE FOR 3DAYs! F..K;-) . I am going to a help group for plastic, electrical and now (rubber and springs) haters! :) Just remember I am only here on the site for stupid entertainment purposes only or for you to click the ignore button. Your choice. :)

Oh P.S. Vdrive tell me about the LED replacements in a PM. I hate electrical projects, but I will give it a go! ;-)

8. Rsparky

Rsparky New Member

United States
    Maybe the adapter was a symptom. I know on my bike, and only because I was informed by someone else on here, you can't adjust the right side lever all the way forward, so that the hanging wire plug touches the bar. It shorts and pops the fuse every time. I went through a LOT of fuses. Crappy connectors, Honda. Then I covered the right bar in electrical tape. Seemed to help.