I ordered my new HJC helmet from England

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by SubyRS, Dec 14, 2022.

1. SubyRS

SubyRS Insider

United States
    Map
    My Scorpion EXO700 is now over 15 years old and it's 'stuffing' is getting soft and doesn't smell as fresh as it used to. Can't wait for my new sport touring helmet by HJC. It's actually discontinued a couple of years ago but found some left over in England. It has most importantly a provision for eye glasses, as well as a drop down tinted pilot visor. It's a high-tech Euro look to it that goes well with my red 14' interceptor. It's a $460 helmet that was on clearance for $317 at Motorstorm Motorcycle World.

[​IMG]

Thumbs likes this.
  2. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    You’ll like the helmet the more you wear it …. I replaced my Arai with a RAPHA 70 Carbon in August and love it

SubyRS likes this.
  3. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    In a world of pretty ugly helmet graphics these days, that's pretty good looking and should go together nicely.

I sold HJC Helmets for many years and started right when they really started upping their game. Always had no problem recommending and selling them. Great value.

SubyRS likes this.
  4. vfrgiving

vfrgiving New Member

With a CRF decal sheet and access to a vinyl cutter you can probably work around that. There's nothing special here, this is just a super cheap Bilt lid.

helmet.jpg

SubyRS likes this.
  5. SubyRS

SubyRS Insider

United States
    Map
    Thanks all : )
    This will be my first HJC. I had tried the HJC I-70 helmet on at a local dealer and loved the fit. My eyeglasses slid in perfectly and the smoked pilot visor flipped down smoothly and no issues clearing my glasses. Nobody has the RPHA's in stock around me and this model is long discontinued so it could not even be ordered here in USA. The only little issue I see is the clear visor lock release tab on the front. Various video reviews said it's tricky to slide the tab sideways then up to unlock with gloves on. I may try to defeat that little slide detail somehow. Later HJC helmets eliminated that feature they say.
    Out for delivery today : )

6. SubyRS

SubyRS Insider

United States
    Map
    Wow it's much lighter than my 15-year-old Scorpion EXO 700 helmet and it's not even carbon fiber.
    About these add-on pinlock antifog visor shields. It says daytime use only. Is there a problem with that?
    I've never had anything this modern before, so I have no experience with them.