I used to like people from Oregon! Beware, long post!

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Bubba Utah, May 29, 2017.

1. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Hummmmm passing a semi at 80 with no helmet--- are you crazy?
    Were ya wearing leathers or jeans and sneakers?
    Your not a kid so really am dumbfounded by what sounds like a major brain fart .
    Dude think before ya ride and ATGATT GOOD GOD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  2. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Bubba is a grown man and it's a free country and I assume he lives in a state that doesn't require a helmet like the majority of states - so please leave him alone already - sheesh! Some of you guys treat everyone who doesn't gear up like a MotoGP rider for a mere ride to the post office a block away as if they are of lower intelligence than you. Do you wear a helmet when driving your car? Formula One drivers do so why not gear up like one of them when you drive your passenger car to the grocery store? Your car might get slammed from the side by a dump truck! A loose grocery cart might cause you to veer into a tree! A helmet would decrease your chance of injury or death in those scenarios by X percent, so therefore you should be ATGATT and wear a helmet in your car. If you don't you should be publicly ridiculed - right? :beguiled:

Do you wear a helmet when you ride a jetski? If no, why not? Professional jetski racers do - you could crash into a boat or a pier or something! How about snow skiing? My point is it's all about freedom of choice and one's own level of risk averseness - not everybody wants to dress like a street Rossi every minute they're on two wheels! So cut people some slack and stop being so judgemental!

That said Bubba, even I always wear a helmet on the Interstate! :witless:

3. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
  4. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    See there you go - why wasn't Bubba wearing a jacket with some Kevlar armor? Might have offered him some protection from Max's shot gun :glee:

Similarly, the Nightrider would have benefited from wearing a helmet in his car - along with a flame resistant suit maybe :beguiled:

[video=youtube;sOi1l_Dkl-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOi1l_Dkl-A[/video]

5. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    ATGATT ? I have never heard this and assume that it has to gearing up to ride. Thank you all for your reminders of the thing that at my age I should have known better or any rider. You are a good group!

I am a honest man and did not hide the facts. I take my licks or consequences on my decisions without excuses. With that said does anyone have a good tax guy that finds loopholes that should not be taken? I think that if I paint the bike Red, white and blue I can write off mileage and the bike as a pizza delivery driver for Domino's next year!:potstir:;-)

6. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
  7. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Hey wasn't givin ya a spankin and helmets are not required in UT as I know but when riding on the streets especially there (worse drivers than LA) the odds are not in your favor. Just sayin
    GG are you a lawyer sheesh--- another rant that you do so well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    From Gatorgregg "I assume he lives in a state that doesn't require a helmet like the majority of states."

“This is not in my defense, or an excuse by me for my lack of intelligence per this post!”

But. Yes gator, Utah does NOT mandate by law wearing a helmet for riders over the age 18yrs old. 16yrs old -18yrs old they do. Being a “UBER” Republican state Utahan’s don't like being told what to do by the feds. We are like a mini Texas!;-) Both of us wanted to be our own country in the beginning!;-) Utah also wanted to have more than one wife back in the beginning, that bewilders me beyond any sense of reason! But, back to the helmet law. It was a law back in the 80's , but was reversed and revised to the stated law above.

9. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    No worries, Like I said Thank you to all. Take Care!

10. V4toTour

V4toTour New Member

United States
    wearing a helmet or not is irrelevant to getting crap thrown at you

11. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
  12. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Even Bubba knows not wearing a helmet in this situation is dumb.
    No one likes being told what to do, but their can be many reasons why. Common sense alone should tell you to wear a helmet at all times on a bike.

13. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Thanks for the "compliment" duccman :witless: Yes I am (for over 20 years now) but I've never worked as a criminal defense attorney or ambulance chaser so please don't hold it against me :beguiled: Actually, when I was growing up I had no interest in the law and knew nothing about lawyers. One of my older brothers decided to go to law school and I visited him at his school and sat in on one of his classes. It was there that I realized I could actually get paid for arguing with people (something I obviously enjoy :glee: ) and decided to follow in my brother's footsteps.

14. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Marrib is an Oregonian. Initial finding carries some merit.

Wearing of a helmet should not be an "its my life so my choice" That is so selfish and insane. The difference between the cost of investigating an injury single vehicle motor vehicle accident and a fatal motor vehicle accident is nothing short of astounding. the cost to the tax payer for a simple injury accident investigation is probably, by the time all it tallied with support staff and what ever, is likely to be a couple thousand dollars of tax payers money. The cost to the public to investigate a fatality accident climbs dramatically into the tens if not well over a hundred or two thousand dollars. That does not take into count any insurance costs associated with this. That is what the tax payer pays to have police, paramedics, Emergency Health Care, coroners office and public works people that deal with the after math to determine what can be done to prevent another death. SO to say it is your choice is total bull shit!

To original poster, I am not directing this directly at you but in general terms. As a tax payer, I should have the right to not needlessly spend my tax dollars on things that happen when someone makes a conscious decision not to do whatever it takes to reduce the chances of a death in a collision. The most vital of which, is wearing head gear.

All that ranting aside, the people in the cage were pricks.

15. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    All good stuff until the point of when wearing or not wearing a helmet is fatal. I don't think think anybody dead gives a shit about taxes. OTOH all this investigation stuff provides jobs for LEOs, and subsequently physicians, clear down to folks who clean ya up when ya drool in your gruel.

16. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Great - so what kind of helmet do you wear when driving your car? I'm sure you wouldn't want the taxpayers to spend their dollars as a result of your "conscious decision not to do whatever it takes to reduce the chances of a death in a collision". After all, according to the IIHS there are nearly 5 times as many people killed each year while driving a passenger vehicle than from riding a motorcycle. You should immediately pass a law up in Canada to require car drivers to wear helmets - else the tax payers will get hosed :beguiled: While you're at it you should pass a law requiring pedestrians to wear helmets too - they're always slipping on sidewalks and getting hit by cars :glee:

Actually, serious question: Are motorcycle helmets required in Canada? Or does it vary from province to province in Canada as it does from state to state in the U.S.?

17. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    Kinda sorta along parallel train tracks, I just went through Naloxone/Narcan training today. Why is it that Narcan is provided, "free" of charge but other things like Epipens and Chemo treatments aren't??? Bunch of BS, IMO...

18. Sniper

Sniper New Member

United States
    And on top of all that, ^, Nine Millimeter does NOT have a decimal point in front of it.

Dumbass.......

19. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Most traffic matters are a Provincial matter with some exceptions like Criminal Negligence, Dangerous Drivng and Impaired Driving but as far as I know, all provinces require helmets.

It is true, we do not require car drivers to wear helmets. then again, we don't require bike riders to wear seatbelts either.
    Your comparing a collision in a car with a collision on a bike is really off. Two totally different animals. The car is your helmet. If you are strapped into your car, your head is highly unlikely to hit the ground. Just go look in a wrecking yard. Look at the totally demolished cars then consider how much "Room to Live" there is inside that passenger compartment, if you remain strapped in. Now if you are driving your car on a road like a fucking idiot at stupid speeds, well I don't ha
    ve an argument worth stating.

As far as your stats on deaths, I suggest there are far more than 5 times the number of cars on small trucks on the road than motorcycles.

20. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    Randy, I respectfully request you not quote GatorGreg's posts when you respond to them.

Thanks.