Impressions of my 2007 VFR after two weeks in...

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by SouthTexasRich, Mar 30, 2012.

1. crobertson

crobertson New Member

I had my 03 for 2 weeks now. Agree with the concensus, used to inline but that Vtec engagement makes me smile. That sound is getting addicting! Wondering if I'll get used to the stock seat?

2. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    I lived with mine for 5 years and just replaced it with a Sargent over the winter. The stock seat would start to bother me after 35-40 of minutes of riding. The Sargent is so much better that I regret not buying it years ago.

3. taylor65

taylor65 New Member

Map
    As for the tingly numb feeling. I use to get that all the time when I still had the stock grips on. I switched to pro grips superbike grips and I never get it anymore.

4. jcarlson9

jcarlson9 New Member

after two months i like mine a lot.there seems to be a flat spot in the power right around 5 thou rpm,maybe its the flapper in the air box i unplugged.ill put it back soon to see if it helps.i would really like to get dark gold wheels,since i have the red,wt,blue 25th annivercry ed,and maybe crg levers !

5. Terc

Terc New Member

United States
    If you just unplugged the harness, you did the exact opposite of disabling the flap. TEC Peltier | View topic - The truth about PAIR's removal

6. Deadsmiley

Deadsmiley Member

United States
    Map
    Yep, cap off the tube openings at the pair valves or get blockoff plates.

7. jcarlson9

jcarlson9 New Member

No it's not the pair valve its the flapper on the air box

8. mestoo

mestoo New Member

United States
    Map
    Rich:

Welcome to The World! If you're even half as happy with your 07 as I am with mine you will be a contented man. A few thoughts on your thoughts:

Riding Position: Helibars certainly help. How tall are you? If you're over six feet you may want to consider lowering your foot pegs. I just did this and it was an even bigger improvement than the helibars; it straightened my back out a bit which made it easier to keep the weight off of my wrists. For further details see Highway Star's thread:

http://vfrworld.com/forums/6th-gene...d-foot-peg-lowering-adapters-niiiiiiiice.html

Transmission: I understand that most of your issue is with the clutch and that you're getting used to it. Just note that several folks (me included) have observed that switching to synthetic oil seems to help the tranny shift a bit smoother.

Ride safe, have fun

9. Ragnar Norway

Ragnar Norway New Member

Norway
    Map
    I share some of the same thoughts (as the initial post).. On my old RD500YPVS I was floating on the air.. fix for that is to use a bagster and fill it with beer cans, that of load the wrists and makes you motivated to reach the destination.. And the clutch at 1 and 2.. makes noise.. but what is worse is how hard it is to pull the clutch in stuck traffic.. Bike also become very sloppy if total weight of driver and passenger exceed 170 kg. And bike is heavy.. from before.. no F clue whay people say VFR is a beginner bike.. ITS way way to heavy for that.
    That said: VFR is the best all round bike I have had.. hands down.. My old track tuned RD500 would beet VFR in everything related to speed and curves.. my old V-Max.. best of the best in cross roads.. The VFR (except the Busa), there are no real alternatives to those who wants everything at the same time.. sport..touring.... except the BMW K1200s and a few others..