Incoming Delkevic Stubby 350mm Oval Carbon Fibre Silencer

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Nelix, Sep 7, 2016.

1. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map

I am sure your bike is much nicer lol

The sticker was given to me by Dimsport after I put together a group buy for them. I don't care for it, but it's a sign of appreciation.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  2. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  3. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Thanks Bubba, yeah the pearl white really looks great under the lights at night. I like the red too and if I hit the lottery I'll have all 3 colors in my garage including the euro black - lol. The final charge on my credit card for the badges was $183.31 US dollars, I don't have the receipt handy so I'm not sure how much of that was for shipping, etc. Where were you thinking of putting the badges? I think they'd look good on the rear seat cowl too.

4. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Well, look was on my doorstep when I got home from work! Hell ya. Looks great but I am sure even better on the bike. I hope my decision to save $50 and go with the stainless rather than the Carbon fiber. My only concern now is the quality of the stainless. Cheap stainless steel from china will rust rather quickly which it should not if it is a quality steel. We will see. Looks like I am in the garage installing on sunday. I did find a few small scratches on it out of the plastic which was annoying, but its probably going to get some more soon enough. That's the price of liking shiny rather than functional and both pretty damn sweet.

pipe.jpg

5. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    I was thinking about it until I saw the cost. I just bought the new slip-on for about the same price. I think that I will pass. A new rear tire is a priority in a couple of thousand. Looks great though.

6. Sniper

Sniper New Member

United States
    Hey Bubba, the stainless on my Delkevic header turned a nice goldish color. Although it's only a few weeks old, all indications are that it will age well. The header on my KTM 390 Duke discolors to a greater degree,and much faster. Nobody questions their exhausts.

Your muffler isn't going to get nearly as hot as a header. I think you'll be fine. If not, a little elbow grease and a Scotchbrite pad works wonders. I know what you're thinking, it's too cheap to be very high quality.

My previous post was rude. It's no excuse, but I take my hearing very seriously. Get this month's Motorcyclist, the one with the Guzzi on the cover.

7. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Very nice - looking forward to seeing/hearing it on your bike! Like Sniper I also appreciate the very discreet logo they put on the topside of the tip. I came very close to getting the stailess also - bet it would have looked nice on my white.

8. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    Sniper, I don't know what you are referring to as a post being rude and your hearing. All is good. I will check out the mag. Thanks.

Oh as far as the price, yes very cheap compared to some pipe brands back in the day I was looking at for the Sv and the GPz ran at $500-750. Though most where complete exhausts and not slip ons. They also need to be Dyno'd due to changing the exhaust flow from factory. Back in 93' when the exhaust rusted out on my GPz550 I paid almost $400 for a cheap replacement due to a factory replacement was about $800 as I remember. But, it also cost me 2 tickets at $100 a piece and after the second a mandate to go to a stock one by the court or it wasn't able to be registered. That is why I sold it. Thanks again.

9. John O

John O New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks for all the discussion here. I just installed the Delkevic 17" s.s. "tri-oval" slip-on on my 2014 VFR. It weighs 4.5 pounds less than stock and has a nice sound with the baffle in. Power seems good, although I will really need a more isolated area to test that. It looks so much better than the stock eyesore!

Next, I'll try it without the baffle in. (Right now the wife thinks it's about the same sound as the stock, but I want to wait until she's not loitering in the front yard for trying it at full throat.)

BTW, the fellow on the phone at Delkevic was very helpful in making my selection - that's a plus for me.

10. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    So, does anyone know the real difference between a Two Bros. carbon slip on and a Delvic slip on besides looks?

For the difference in price, either Delvic isn't making much profit at all, or their quality is lower than Two Bros. or Two Bros. is making a lot more profit or the quality is better. Not trying to start an argument at all but, with that much price variation, something significant is different between the two brands. Just wondering what the real difference is if anyone knows. Thanks.

11. Sniper

Sniper New Member

United States
    Years ago, around '06ish, I was an active member on a site that was mostly about the Honda 919. That bike btw, is a big reason that I hate high exhaust. Anyway, on that forum, Two Brothers products were looked down upon. I had a 2Bros can on the 919 for a while. It was ok. But it wasn't anything special.

Delkevic seems too good to be true. I really like my Delkevic header on the VFR. it seems to be much higher quality than the Honda header.

12. John O

John O New Member

United States
    Map
    In comparison with the Two Bros silencers that I have on my '99 VTR, the Delkevic unit's fit and finish for my '14 VFR is outstanding. It was a pleasure to put it on. Of course, I'm talking here about comparison of steel units, not carbon, so I could be completely wrong.

For that matter, after the first Two Bros pair of slip ons rusted out on my VTR, I bought a second pair. The replacements were not fitted the same and took some mighty bending of the header to make the connection. Sound was great, but I still felt they had been a little free and easy with me.

13. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    The difference can probably be most attributed to where they are made.

Twobros' website says their stuff is made in USA, while Delkevic's website is strangely silent on the subject. It says they're a U.K. company yadda yadda yadda, but AFAIK it does not state where their stuff is actually made - therefore it's probably made in China in the same factory where Hillary says Trump bought his steel for the Trump Tower :playful:

I could not find anything in the box or on the exhaust itself saying where my Delk Mini Carbon was made. I'm impressed with the quality of it so far - the Chinese make some great stuff these days, heck I'm getting ready to drop close to $1K on a new Chinese made iPhone 7+ this week - lol.

14. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    I was also impressed with the quality and ease of fit of the Delkevic. Probably one of the cheapest slip ons out there, but so far seems fine to me.

15. John O

John O New Member

United States
    Map

16. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    I must have missed it on mine - I'll have to look again this afternoon. Is it on the connector pipe or the can? I see you got the tri-oval, have you posted any pics yet? I'd like to see it.

17. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Whatever the case may be, they sure look better than the stock muffler. It took me two weeks to figure out there is actually a rear wheel on the bike......

When I save up some pennies, I may get one. BTW, I have a 5th gen. stock muffler for sale.

Oops, did I just commit a felony?

18. John O

John O New Member

United States
    Map
    Here's the Delkevic 17" Tri-oval on my '14 VFR. Even on a gloomy day it looks great. So much better than the stock "trash barrel" design.
    Delkevic Tri-oval.jpg

19. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Wow that looks REALLY nice!
    Bubba, did you get yours installed yet or did you pack it in for winter already?

20. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    I have to wonder, when I'm out riding around, if anyone at all thinks, "that sure is an ugly stock muffler on that bike". Most people don't even know it's a Honda much less an Interceptor (VFR?)