Input signals to the regulator/rectifier : how do these work ?

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by sudolea, Apr 9, 2019.

1. sudolea

sudolea New Member

Belgium
    Map
    Hello,

I don't understand the interaction between the starter relay switch (closes when the starter switch is closed) and the regulator/rectifier. Because when I remove the Main fuse (without ignition "on"), there is voltage on both sides of the fuse. 12,3V at the one side, 12,8V at the other side. I can only suppose the regulator/rectifier is supplying the 12,3V ? But then again, may I suppose that the regulator/rectifier doesn't really need the IGN signal to supply voltage? How does the regulator/rectifier react on its different input lines ?

If someone could make me a little less confused, I would highly appreciate it :)

Schermafdruk van 2019-04-09 20-28-13.png

2. fink

fink Insider

United Kingdom
    Map
    Hopefully this will help

[ 2014 Vfr800 charging system.jpg 2014 vfr800 starter circuit..jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  3. sudolea

sudolea New Member

Belgium
    Map
    Thank you for pointing me towards that page 6-5. I'm still checking this out, but not for the first couple of days, as I will be out riding my bike in the Germany's Eifel (cornering course - hope that's the correct English word for what it is).

Once I'm back, and to start with, I'll have to confirm for myself that my findings (more specifically that 12.3 V reading) were correct indeed.